I think it is quite clear that the post refers to the time since we started t the bottom. On the field at least we are undoubtedly stronger than last year.

I was obviously supposed to answer "really?, please furnish me with your superior wisdom" I don't do free ego massage.

By Garry Carmody | Contributor

Believe it or not, upon reading the BBC’s latest underhand remark aimed at Rangers, a childhood scenario played out in my mind. You know - that one where the parent walks out the room, the kids start messing about and a vase gets smashed?

As the angry parent returns, the big eyes and the straight face appear - followed by the well rehearsed, “It wasn’t me”.

These remarks have flown out of the children’s section at Pacific Quay since they took a stern telling off by their big brother for the factually incorrect statements about the “new club” Rangers.

Read the full article: http://www.thecoplandroad.org/2013/10/reporting-from-bbc-scotland-kids-section.html

for as long as they receive the ridiculous and outdated licence fee then they will continue to do this. were they dependent on commercial income and viewing figures then this sort of thing would be much less likely to occur if people simply ignored or boycotted them.

I suppose the begging question is, 'what other team plays in Rangers' colours'?

I suspect Pacific Quay CSC have baited this hook carefully, they will already have a response ready awaiting the complaints.

Further, the question to ask BBC Scotland is thus, 'if Rangers win the Ramsdens Cup, what will be inscribed on the trophy; Rangers FC or a team playing in Rangers colours'?

We should be told.

They may well have a response ready, but if enough people complain, their masters in London will eventually start getting sick of having to spend so much time dealing with the problems caused by BBC Scotland.

If anybody wants to use this feel free:

It would be useful, if you do to edit and change the text somewhat, so that they have to answer each complaint, rather than firing out a standard template.

Dear Sir / Madam

Ref the article above, par 5, line 1: "It is the first time a team in Rangers colours will be in a national final since 2011, when they beat Celtic to win the League Cup." I am writing to complain about the arbitrary and deliberately offensive use of the phrase "a team in Rangers colours" to describe Rangers.

The inference is clearly that the colours are being worn by a different team, i.e. club, and that therefore the club is not the same club as it was two years ago - a fallacious claim which has been disproved by all of footballs governing bodies as well as the Scottish courts.

This is clearly little more than a gratuitous attempt at delegitimising Rangers and antagonising Rangers supporters who, need I remind you, constitute a huge percentage of the license fee paying public in Scotland and it can only be seen as the latest in a series of ongoing attacks on the club by BBC Scotland.

BBC Scotland has quite a shameful history of falsification, dissemination of untruths and bias with regard to Rangers; from the deliberate re-editing of the Ally McCosist news conference (to make it appear that he was sneering at sectarianism) to the recent claim by Jim Spence that Rangers had died, for which he was suspended.

I would, therefore, appreciate it if you would give me an example of this phrase ever having been used before to describe a team and, failing to do so, provide an explanation as to why it was used in this instance.

Your sincerely

this is a good time to complain. Grant Shappas, the Tory party Chairman, has raised the spectre of removing the publically funded license fee cash cow from the BBC, because of, amongst other things, their lack of impartiality.

perhaps this is the man we should be directing our complaints to, as well as the BBC exec's in London? These kind of continuing issues must make the London exec's squirm at the thought of such pathetic in-house prejudice adding fuel to the fire of their public funding being removed.

for me there has been a lack of BBC contrition and there does not seem to be any showing of the necessary processes and procedures in place to ensure no repeat of such incidents reoccurring. There are employees within the BBC who flagrantly flaunt their tawdry rules and confirm that impartiality is not a watch word at BBC Scotland.

with access to in excess of 50k supporters we can show our backing for the Tory party initiative to remove this misappropriation of our public cash to an entity who can't control their employees, without necessarily registering political allegiances. It is something that fans can be united about, forgetting, momentarily, our own backyard, boardroom political problems.

it will also add short term pressure to the Beeb in Scotland, given that any move to remove public funds will bring into question many of their jobs.

with access to in excess of 50k supporters we can show our backing for the Tory party initiative to remove this misappropriation of our public cash to an entity who can't control their employees, without necessarily registering political allegiances. It is something that fans can be united about, forgetting, momentarily, our own backyard, boardroom political problems.

No thanks.

The ironic thing is that with some of our songs or actions - like say the Plastic Paddy song, or the red-hand sultue, they infer an offensive meaning that is just not there. They themselves then imply a meaning that IS there and then tush-tush us when complain about it and vociferously deny it all, even though the consistent use of the type of language is becoming bit gratuitous, and pretty childish.