After years of moaning about Maradonna and how he cheated with the hand of god, what about Crouch nearly scalping the defender to score Englands first goal. I havn't heard much about it on the beeb this morning and the papers also don't seem to mention it. Crouch had the defenders ponytail gripped in his hand pulling him down to waist height so he could head the ball in. All is fair in love and war i suppose but will they moan about this for 20 years.

I suppose most coaches will be banning ponytails after this, if they are wise.

don`t want to be trivial, but is this just an attempt to try wind up the english supporters on here?

Not sure Colsh but the German press were also running this story today !

definetly. it`ll be svens fault when they do go out though, bet you.

Certainly in your eyes ;) Many other English too no doubt.

Being honest I have said for MONTHS that England have a team capable of winning it.... but after seeing the Argentines today they are VERY impressive.

And just because England have a team capable of winning it doesn't mean other teams don't - thus far Argentina, Czech Rep, Italy and Spain have all looked better than England, and you can never discount Brazil.

It will be very difficult for England but I hope they can do it - but Argentina are definitely the team to beat !

I noticed the Crouch thing on the replays today, bit low of him tbh.

As for England, they've got a superb starting XI, but I just don't know what Sven is playing at sometimes with his tactics, selection and substitutions. On their day, which to be fair I've not seen yet, they should be capable of beating anyone. However, this WC has been different for me because there's been 4 or 5 teams who already look to be in a totally different class to the English.

The time for excuses has passed though, for as long as I can remember we've been hearing how this is the best crop of English players in a long time, so thye need to stand up and be counted.