http://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/2013/11/06/whyte-and-the-missing-millions/

I am told that former Rangers owner Craig Whyte could be getting his collar felt in the near future.

BDO investigations have thrown up what will be an absolutely gigantic story of fraud and forgery on a staggering scale involving Whyte’s purchase of Rangers.

Police Scotland are believed to be closing in on Whyte and it is reckoned he could get the maximum sentence available if found guilty.

I would imagine Whyte’s extraordinary unpopularity and toxic name might be a problem in terms of his getting a fair trial. No doubt anyone involved with his trial would have to prove they were not bluenoses!

On a serious note, this trial will be one of the biggest news stories in years and involves alleged misappropriation of millions.

Some of the allegations being made are astonishing and will be sickening for Rangers fans to hear.

Should Whyte stand trial for fraud it would certainly strengthen the case made by many Rangers fans that the club’s recent woes brought unwarranted punishment by the footballing authorities. If Whyte is subsequently convicted it would mean that Rangers were themselves the victim of a crime and questions would then have to be asked about the SFA’s role, particularly over how much was known at Hampden about Whyte’s suitability to be involved in football or lack thereof.

The scale of wrongdoing alleged is quite stunning and will definitely enhance Craig Whyte’s “bogey man” status used so much recently by the Requisitioners and their mouthpieces. Ironically, someone on the Requisitioner side is far closer to Whyte than anyone at Ibrox, being a former drinking buddy of the disgraced former owner.

Although I expect the Whyte story to be hot news for quite some time, the reality is that he is now part of history as far as Rangers is concerned. Despite the pathetic and hypocritical attempts by some to spook the Rangers fans with “Whyte is still involved and pulling the strings” scare stories, the reality is that Whyte has left the scene.

The vital thing now is for Rangers to build a board that is not only competent but beyond reproach. The appointment of a great CEO and good Non-Execs would be a giant step forward.

The big problem for Rangers fans is the constant pressure to look back to things like the latter years of the SDM Years, the Big Tax Case and the Whyte fiasco, as well as liquidation. These things are referred to relentlessly by enemies of Rangers and a hostile media. The upshot of this is shown in the chronic suspicion that many Gers fans are gripped by in relation to the club’s governance.

Yet the real need is to look forward and to be positive about both the present and the future. Fear and paranoia do not make for a healthy environment and Rangers need to eradicate this kind of mindset from the club.

I am aware this is easier said than done but I do speak to many Gers fans who are far more upbeat about the club’s condition than the so-called spokesmen who are spreading fear and alarm at this present time.

I have been approached very seriously about heading a new fans group and I think if I accept I will make one of the conditions of membership a positive mental attitude in relation to Rangers!

As the song goes, “Don’t worry. Be happy. Cos every little things going to be all right.”

Gers fans like to sing it.

It’s about time we lived it.

I see the topic header, I think "this'lll be good"

I see who wrote it, I think" aw fuck, that's 3 seconds of my life I'm never getting back"

Has Mcmurdo ever, and I really mean within living memory, written anything that has not been complete shite?

Every time I read something of his, he's been promising earth shattering revelations, breaking news, sweeping arrests and free dental care for children with dyslexia which will all materialise within the following 6 hours.

At some point people are going to have to a) have him sectioned under the Mental Health Care act or b) stop posting his drivel on the main boards.

I've always felt we need a Bluenose Comedy Lounge.

To be honest I don't think whyte had a pot to piss in he was just a conman who led many on a merry dance before he was rumbled and by then it was to late and why has he not been charged this is one of the things that amazes me .

The real story is how Whyte managed to get Rangers in the first place. Was SDM blackmailed into selling Rangers by the bhoys running LBG?

And was it a former lhabour cabinet minister(ex chairman of theirs) who initiated the fictitious BTC via his contacts? this made the club unsellable.

These are the two questions which need answered first & foremost

Yes! That's what's been missing, a fans' group headed up by a Messianic New Testament Leadership Cultist.

Like Bill, I can see light at the end of the tunnel as well. If it turns out to be a train and he'd driving, I shall lay me down upon the tracks.

Actually, I can't see Whyte not getting a fair trial in the courts. I mean, it's hardly likely that judge and jury will be made up of Bluenoses.

As for Bill's writing ... it is erratic at best. Still, if you leave all the personal stuff and the conjecture out, the little bits of info that remains makes interesting reading. It is about time that the Whyte fiasco is thoroughly investigated. As well as HMRC's and Lloyds' handling of our affairs.

Interesting that he is floating this story about Whyte, at the same time as the Company appoints a relative unknown as Chairman, a bit of distraction agasin from Merlin? The claim that Whyte will be arrested has been made by various bloggers and journalists a few tinmes, if I remember correctly.