Firstly, that statement should have come from Rangers. Secondly, Rangers should be demanding an explanation from Lunny as to which parameters he uses to issue a citation to an indvidual. Corrupt and biased organization ( that's my opinion ).

Firstly, that statement should have come from Rangers. Secondly, Rangers should be demanding an explanation from Lunny as to which parameters he uses to issue a citation to an indvidual. Corrupt and biased organization ( that's my opinion ).

Barca

Im hoping, probably forlornly, that his belief that he is bomb proof may backfire on him. If he remains in post then any credibility (if any) the SFA has remaining is completely gone.

VB calls for Peter Lawwell to resign from SFA

Written by: Admin

Tuesday, 19th November 2013

Vanguard Bears are disappointed but not surprised that the Scottish Football Association compliance officer, Vincent Lunny, is once again selective in the execution of his duties by failing to cite Celtic FC CEO Peter Lawwell.

Mr Lawwell, in his joint roll of Celtic CEO and member of the SFA Gaming Board, has brought the game into disrepute with his unnecessary and inflammatory remarks and, to date, has failed to offer an apology for his slur against the world's most successful domestic football club, Rangers FC.

It is the opinion of Vanguard Bears that Mr. Lawwell's position within the SFA is untenable and that he should resign with immediate effect.

I think that in this instance PL genuinely made an attempt at humour. However, his arrogance becomes a problem. He is still responsible for what he says and does. To treat Rangers and her host of supporters with complete disdain can only widen the divide, especially now he is an office bearer in the SFA and is supposed to represent all 42 clubs. Honour is something a man allows himself and the display of that honour is representative of the man. The Alaska State Troopers have a credo " In Truth and Honour there is Hope", where does that leave PL even amongst the more sensible of his own fans.

I would give PL a quote from Martin Luther King :

"Justice is a temporary thing that must at last come to an end; but the conscience is eternal and will never die."

No Surrender, PL.

What we need to know from the club is what they intend to do following the statement on the club website on Friday. There is not a cat in hell's chance of Liewell resigning from the SFA PGB because the SFA is dominated by & run by Celt*c minded individuals who will stick by another in a situation such as this. This situation arose at the SFA after SDM abandoned ship & left us with no representation and they all moved in & assumed power.

If our club is serious about following up Liewell's comment on Friday(humourous intent or not) then the only option is to pursue him thro' the courts. Do our club intend to go that far? Ihave my doubts I have to say

from a moral perspective he has shown that it is impossible for him to hold a neutral stance in his SFA post and on that basis his position is untenable but taking him to court, on the basis of what he said; it's never going to happen and would be another waste of Club or fan money.