Pete, I don't doubt the veracity of your brother in law's story, however, surely the average fan would have the choice of not going to another game or reporting this terrorism to the police. Your average fan just wants to follow his team and watch a game of football without fear or favour. I find it hard to believe that less than 500 fans can terrorise and control 60000 fans. That 60000 voices sing and chant IRA slogans and songs at the behest of the GB. That they all wave Irish tricolours to satisfy the GB, that they would riot in Dundee or Amsterdam or where ever else they are ordered to by the GB. That they would en masse rally round a campaign to destroy Rangers because of the promptings of the GB.

The Strathclyde police proved, when they ringed the GB when the GB attempted their illegal march to Parkhead, that they could control this terrorist gang. Surely the average fan can feel safe with that kind of protection.

I think , Pete, that the average fan condones the behaviour of this element of their support because the Celtic board is seen publicly to condone the sentiments and actions of the GB. If the average fan was unhappy with the current behaviour of the GB and wanted to put a stop to it then they could complain to the police. However, this would compel the CFC board to take action against the GB. So I don't think that it is a case of the average fan not giving a shit, I think that they are quite satisfied to have this cheerleading element in their midst, albeit at arms length from their section of the ground.

We as Rangers fans say that they are obsessed with us but I think it is more that they, themselves, are obsessed with their own evil.

You are not talking about a group of 60.000 you are talking about individuals who go to a football game. I remember I was walking down the Copeland road to the Kevinhaugh ferry when I was attacked by a small group of thugs probably Celtic fans. Even although the road was filled with Rangers supporters all going home from the game not one person came to help me. I was hit over the head with a plank of wood and kicked in the back. There were maybe 15 thugs and a Copeland road full of Rangers fans. Not one person said anything. On Average most people take the easy way out.