PAUL MURRAY fears Charles Green is still involved in the running of Rangers.

The Ibrox board hopeful met with fans in Glasgow last night ahead of the AGM on December 19 that could see Malcolm Murray, Alex Wilson and Scott Murdoch join him at the Ibrox top table if investors vote to oust the current regime.

Controversial former chief executive Green left Rangers for the second time earlier this year following a short stint as a consultant, which came just weeks after he stepped down following allegations of co-operation with Craig Whyte.

Murray said: "I do feel that Charles Green is involved. We went to see a shareholder last week and he told us that Charles Green had been to see him the previous day.

"You have to ask the question, if Charles Green has sold his shares and is no longer involved with the club, why is he going to see shareholders to influence them to vote for the board?"

He added: "There must be a risk (that Green is still involved). The 18th of December is a lock-in date, I think something will happen that day, I don't know what it is going to be but shareholding will probably move around and so on and it is a matter of public record.

"There must be a risk although he said publicly he is not involved, which is why, when you hear things like last week, you feel a little bit concerned."

Murray and his fellow board hopefuls met with 500 supporters at a gathering in Glasgow last night as the make-or-break shareholder summit draws nearer.

Murray and businessman Jim McColl called for finance director Brian Stockbridge to resign this week, with McColl admitting the Requsitioners had lined up new chief executive Graham Wallace to be part of their team should they win at the AGM.

The Gers have appointed David

Somers as chairman and Norman Crighton as a non-executive director and Murray said: "We are (willing

to work with three new guys). We are taking them at face value."

The other main players in the saga are James and Sandy Easdale, with the Greenock businessmen holding

positions on the board of Rangers International Football Club plc and Rangers Football Club Ltd.

James Easdale has proxy votes over around 25% of shares in RIFC plc and Murray has called on them to lay their cards on the table.

He said: "They represent 24% of the shares but the issue is - I've been asking consistently - I'd have thought they'd want to put to bed once and for all who's behind those two companies (Margarita and Blue Pitch Holdings). The fans have got lots of concerns."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/paul-murray-i-fear-green-is-involved-143889n.22822985

RANGERS' rebel shareholder Paul Murray last night claimed Charles Green is still working in the background in a bid to keep the current Ibrox board in power.

The former club director says he was told by a shareholder that the Yorkshireman approached him last week as he tried to win support ahead of next month’s agm.

Murray’s allegation of Green’s continuing influence comes despite the former chief executive insisting he had absolutely no involvement in the club after agreeing to sell his shareholding to bus tycoon Sandy Easdale.

After striking that deal back in August, the man who led a consortium which bought the assets of the stricken club in May 2012 said: “I want to make it clear this means I will have no ongoing influence or financial interest at the club.”

But speaking before he addressed almost 500 fans at a meeting in Glasgow last night – where rebel group leader Jim McColl revealed members of his faction had withdrawn due to serious threats – Murray insisted Green hadn’t stuck to his word.

Green, who was unavailable for comment last night, quit as chief executive in April amid allegations of links to disgraced former Rangers owner Craig Whyte and anger over alleged racist comments about former director Imran Ahmad.

He returned just four months later as a consultant only for that move to be scrapped, with Walter Smith quitting as chairman in protest before fan fury forced the Yorkshireman out again.

But Murray insists the 60-year-old is still lurking in the background. He said: “I do feel Green is involved. We saw a shareholder last week and he told us that Charles Green had been to see him the previous day.

“It a was a credible shareholder. It just seemed odd. They were very surprised - they hadn’t heard from him for seven months.

“You have to ask, if Charles Green has sold his shares and is no longer involved with the club, why is he going to see shareholders to influence them to vote for the board?”

McColl also revealed at the meeting – chaired by former player and director of football Gordon Smith – that ex-boss and chairman Smith couldn’t bear to be in the same room as Green.

But it was McColl’s claim that some of his group had received threats that was most staggering, with ex-accountant chief Frank Blin having quit the group back in September.

McColl said: “We’ve had threats, a number of us have dropped out because of those threats but we’re not going to let that happen (to the rest of us).”

The current Rangers board had been invited to the meeting which was represented by every major fan group but they snubbed it with five empty chairs at the top table and name cards for each of the directors.

But just hours before the meeting kicked off the club released a statement criticising McColl’s group claiming “every action they take threatens to destabilise our club . . . we believe fans do not want to go back to the days of administration, relegation, boardroom strife and infighting.”

Murray blasted back and launched an attack on club spin doctor Jack Irvine. He said: “The statement is preposterous. For the board to sanction that statement reflects badly on them.

“If you look at the money Jack Irvine has taken out of the club in the seven years he’s been there, it’s been the biggest PR disaster in the history of mankind.

“Jack Irvine should leave the club in my opinion. His conduct has been disgraceful on every basis.”

Irvine took to Twitter to immediately refute claims made at the meeting.

Murray added: “I think the vote is quite close. We are not expecting all fans to be on our side but we think they recognise we have the club’s interests at heart.

“In the last year about £50 million has left the club and before that with Craig Whyte you’re looking at £100m in two-and-a-half years. Where has it gone?”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-rebels-tell-fans-charles-2863466

Murray blasted back and launched an attack on club spin doctor Jack Irvine. He said: “The statement is preposterous. For the board to sanction that statement reflects badly on them.

If you look at the money Jack Irvine has taken out of the club in the seven years he’s been there, it’s been the biggest PR disaster in the history of mankind.

“Jack Irvine should leave the club in my opinion. His conduct has been disgraceful on every basis.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-rebels-tell-fans-charles-2863466

So Jack Irvine has been involved with the club for the past 7 years....of which time both Murrays (Paul & Malcom) have been in a position to rectify the situation, yet neither have...WHY???