Hearts: CVA approved on condition of majority shareholding purchase

Can you prove HMRC were within their rights to chase that EBT Case?

EBT's were a perfectly legal form of tax avoidance used by thousands of UK companies until they were closed down following legislation.

I hope following the UTT early next year we find out who it was who got HMRC to chase this fictitious tax bill.

Doesn't matter whether they were legal or not. HMRC have the powers to assess tax. They were assessing it based on administrative errors which could have negated the EBT's themselves.

I don't need proof. HMRC have defined legislation and procedural guidelines. And I doubt they will have disregarded them.

It wont be the first time HMRC have attempted to apply legislation retroactively either. We also were not the only ones being chased either... Arsenal settled instead of taking it to court.

We didn't get a complete clean bill of health with the case neither - we were found guilty of administrative errors which resulted in tax liabilities to HMRC. So in some ways HMRC were proven right in chasing us, whether we like it or not.

You may find out that it was HMRC who chased the tax bill (hardly fictitious) and not some grand conspiracy that you like to hold as a comfort blanket.

We were primarily the architects of our own downfall - we can look for others to blame but we (our custodians) were the ones who financially mis-managed us for years !

Doesn't matter whether they were legal or not. HMRC have the powers to assess tax. They were assessing it based on administrative errors which could have negated the EBT's themselves.

I don't need proof. HMRC have defined legislation and procedural guidelines. And I doubt they will have disregarded them.

It wont be the first time HMRC have attempted to apply legislation retroactively either. We also were not the only ones being chased either... Arsenal settled instead of taking it to court.

We didn't get a complete clean bill of health with the case neither - we were found guilty of administrative errors which resulted in tax liabilities to HMRC. So in some ways HMRC were proven right in chasing us, whether we like it or not.

You may find out that it was HMRC who chased the tax bill (hardly fictitious) and not some grand conspiracy that you like to hold as a comfort blanket.

We were primarily the architects of our own downfall - we can look for others to blame but we (our custodians) were the ones who financially mis-managed us for years !

Arsenal settled their EBT bill. SDM tried to do likewise and was refused.

Yes I do believe there was a 'grand conspiracy' regards HMRC and LBG.I believe it will all be revealed in the not too distant future

Arsenal settled their EBT bill. SDM tried to do likewise and was refused.

Yes I do believe there was a 'grand conspiracy' regards HMRC and LBG.I believe it will all be revealed in the not too distant future

You sure it was SDM ? I thought it was Whyte that tried to settle..... regardless... what if it was the case that Arsenal settled for 100% of what HMRC asked for whilst SDM "tried" to settle for 10% of what they asked for ? If you were HMRC would you settle ? See, you are trying to make it look like two cases were exactly alike but with differing treatment - you simply don't know that to be true.

Good for you regarding the conspiracy. I hope you are right but suspect you are wrong.

Even if you are right, how will that help the club ?

Ross County won in his round of fixtures leaving hearts 16 behind before the Edinburgh derby kicked off. Looking likely Hearts will be in the Championship next year.

Pretty much done now, only a winning streak of 4 games in a row would give them a sniff so long as the 2 above them don't pick up any.

Hearts are finished as a club. We will obviously win the Championship next year which means at least 2 years in the wilderness for the Jambos.

The Jammy Jambos, thy may even earn more next season with 2 home games against us, and clubs like Dundee will bring same numbers as Dundee Utd, Killie etc to Tynecastle. Then done be surprised if the SPFL have it up their sleeve to have 2 clubs going up next season or the SPL expansion putting them back up. I think they are holding out until Rangers are as close to the top flight as possible before trying something.

Will we? I'm not so sure.

It would be too shocking if we didn't. We wont have a lead like this season but should have it done by March 2015.

You sure it was SDM ? I thought it was Whyte that tried to settle..... regardless... what if it was the case that Arsenal settled for 100% of what HMRC asked for whilst SDM "tried" to settle for 10% of what they asked for ? If you were HMRC would you settle ? See, you are trying to make it look like two cases were exactly alike but with differing treatment - you simply don't know that to be true.

Good for you regarding the conspiracy. I hope you are right but suspect you are wrong.

Even if you are right, how will that help the club ?

Was it not £10m Arsenal settled for with HMRC? That was the same amount SDM offered I believe.

And yes I do strongly believe everything was a set up.