"I have now read over two years of board minutes and they make very depressing reading in terms of the scale of their lack of professionalism and worse. The minutes make it clear, in my mind, that the boards of recent years have been totally unfit to run this club.

The mystery to me is why people should now be considering that members of these boards, which presided over the problems we face today, should be considered for re-election. Although I have learned one lesson, which is that if you shout long enough and loud enough in the media, you may be able to reinvent yourself."

This is a strange passage considering who has been on the Board in the last 2 years. I make the present Board 2, McCollco 1

WRT Paul Murray - his many attempts to gain control of Rangers in the past have been well documented. So far, everyone of these attempts have failed (for whatever reason), yet many folk almost see him as the Saviour of the Club....

What I find most disappointing is the instant distrust for any new board members - by all mean be sceptical - but how are they going to change peoples view of the Board & themselves, when they are constantly shot down @ every turn. Until proved otherwise, I believe they should at least be listened too, then given the chance to follow up on their commitments & plans - all the while being watched & questioned (in a civilised manner of course).

Re; MM far from it. I'd be happier if he wasn't part of the requisitioner side. But he is, and bluntly they are a better option than what's in at the moment. The best option? Far from it. But that's the choice, him or them.

Re the 2nd para: I can only respond to what people say. Somers comes out and says, we must engage with the fans! But he won't actually talk to them, so it's a funny kind of engagement he has in mind. Somers comes out and says, I've never heard of Green, Ahmad and Whyte! In that case, he strikes me as being ignorant of Scottish football to the extent that he'll struggle very badly to deal with the forces that swirl around and inside us. Somers comes out and says we owe a debt of gratitude to Stocbridge...well, if he returns his - let's be blunt, here - criminal bonus, I might think about it. Until then, he owes us most certainly not the other way around.

I can only judge Mr Somers on his statement today, because it's the only thing I've got to judge him on. And my judgement is he is quite unsuitable. Means nothing in the grand scheme of things, but there it is.

Although I will say that my theory about us being run into the ground by shadowy Tims in the background gets more and more feasible with every nightmarish turn of this saga.

Like a large section of the support?

Depends what you equate to be a large section, most fans don't have a clue as to the politics nor are they really interested for better or worse, I would suggest the paucity of support for the recent demos goes someway to authenticating that view, I was thinking more of activists on the requisitioner side..

Re; MM far from it. I'd be happier if he wasn't part of the requisitioner side. But he is, and bluntly they are a better option than what's in at the moment. The best option? Far from it. But that's the choice, him or them.

Re the 2nd para: I can only respond to what people say. Somers comes out and says, we must engage with the fans! But he won't actually talk to them, so it's a funny kind of engagement he has in mind. Somers comes out and says, I've never heard of Green, Ahmad and Whyte! In that case, he strikes me as being ignorant of Scottish football to the extent that he'll struggle very badly to deal with the forces that swirl around and inside us. Somers comes out and says we owe a debt of gratitude to Stocbridge...well, if he returns his - let's be blunt, here - criminal bonus, I might think about it. Until then, he owes us most certainly not the other way around.

I can only judge Mr Somers on his statement today, because it's the only thing I've got to judge him on. And my judgement is he is quite unsuitable. Means nothing in the grand scheme of things, but there it is.

Although I will say that my theory about us being run into the ground by shadowy Tims in the background gets more and more feasible with every nightmarish turn of this saga.

I would be very surprised if Somers had anything to do with this Statement.

Depends what you equate to be a large section, most fans don't have a clue as to the politics nor are they really interested for better or worse, I would suggest the paucity of support for the recent demos goes someway to authenticating that view, I was thinking more of activists on the requisitioner side..

Whether or not they are interested in the politics most supporters want a Chairman that will act with a bit of dignity and not make stupid statements like this. He can make the his points without resorting to childish language.

I think folk need to take a few steps back from the whole situation.

The more I read on here, the more I believe that no matter who is/was appointed to the Board (pre-AGM), they would not be suitable, regardless of who they are, what their background is and who they have heard of or dealt with in the past - If they are not part of the requisitioner's, then they are bad.

Mr Sommers is obviously privy to a lot more information than any of us, and based on that information he has openly slated the previous Board members as being unfit for purpose (as the fans have been saying as well). He has also stated that a full review of current contract will be taking place - based I'm sure on his reading of previous Board minutes.

The impression that I get from the statement/letter is that he is publicly acknowledging what the fans believe to be true and is committing to sorting it out.

Many will argue that MM was out-voted on many Boardroom decision during his time as chairman - I'm sure this is something that will be well documented in the meeting minutes as will any decisions that MM put in place. This gives Mr Sommers a far better view of MM's performance than any fan has.

WRT Paul Murray - his many attempts to gain control of Rangers in the past have been well documented. So far, everyone of these attempts have failed (for whatever reason), yet many folk almost see him as the Saviour of the Club....

What I find most disappointing is the instant distrust for any new board members - by all mean be sceptical - but how are they going to change peoples view of the Board & themselves, when they are constantly shot down @ every turn. Until proved otherwise, I believe they should at least be listened too, then given the chance to follow up on their commitments & plans - all the while being watched & questioned (in a civilised manner of course).

Not true. Most on here were ambivalent about Somers until today. But that's a shocking statement for our Chairman to make. Childish name-calling and endorsing Stockbridge as if he's holding the club together and using Irvine to ghost his press release shows such a disregard for the support and the position he holds. How anyone can read that statement and believe it fitting of the Chairman of Rangers astounds me. It shouldn't surprise me, for a while now a section of our own support show more interest in self-harm than anything else.

Strange appointment process. Someone remote from our club appoints someone remote from our club.

It's because it's an AIM listed company. Major boardroom unrest began when we had Malcolm Murray and Phil Cartmell forced out by the Blue Pitch requisition to have James Easdale appointed. Walter then accepted the position of Chairman after Malcolm Murray's departure, but it wasn't long before both Walter and Ian Hart resigned. That left us with no Chairman again, but the breaking point was the CEO Mather and another director (Smart) leaving in mid October because it left us with only Stockbridge and a non-exec in Easdale. That's when Daniel Stewart stepped in to try to sort the boardroom out and we had their man Paul Shackleton speaking out about how 2 directors was no good for a listed company and he was actively trying to resolve the situation himself.

Whether or not they are interested in the politics most supporters want a Chairman that will act with a bit of dignity and not make stupid statements like this. He can make the his points without resorting to childish language.

I would think the chairman will be the best judge of the terms he uses to describe those causing unrest.