I will be attending the agm.

Its states on RST proxy guidelines that "you cannot attend the meeting if you have proxied your shares to them(RST)". On the attendance card note 7 it states "Completion and return of this proxy will not prevent you attending and voting at the agm if you wish"

Does this mean that to attend I must fill in proxy form and send to Capita? Have the RST got it wrong? If the Form of Proxy is not completed before the agm will my vote(s) not count if a card vote is called?

I will be attending the agm.

Its states on RST proxy guidelines that "you cannot attend the meeting if you have proxied your shares to them(RST)". On the attendance card note 7 it states "Completion and return of this proxy will not prevent you attending and voting at the agm if you wish"

Does this mean that to attend I must fill in proxy form and send to Capita? Have the RST got it wrong? If the Form of Proxy is not completed before the agm will my vote(s) not count if a card vote is called?

I've been told that this is down to RST rules that we have to follow. I'd suggest filling in the form and sending it to Capita by the due date. I'm not sure what to do about the part that says to proxy to the Chair of the meeting, whether to score it out and initial and put self into the box. Frankly I think they have been deliberately awkward about this to confuse people. Some folks think their vote will be counted by a show of hands, it won't.

You can't give your vote to a proxy then turn up and cast it in person as well, surely.

If you give your proxy to say the chairman you can still attend. It will only matter if it comes to a card vote(shares held).

You can't give your vote to a proxy then turn up and cast it in person as well, surely.

Well, according to the instructions you can. It suggests that any vote of hands would have no impact. E.g. I have 10 shares in my own name (the rest held collectively in Buy Rangers). If I sit next to the Chair of the RST who is behind 350,000 votes plus proxies how would the AGM deal with that?

If you didn't laugh, you would cry.

I just find it harder and harder to believe, with every passing moment of incompetency, that we have hired a stream of utterly useless businessmen, from Whyte, Murray(s) through to Green, Mather and now Somers by accident or bad luck.

It has to be more than coincidence. Even the Tories sorted themselves out quicker than this.