Well assuming he has access to Google it shouldn't take 22 days to understand how Irvine is regarded by the Rangers support and why using him is anathema to all normal thinking people. Perhaps these 'big company men' need little people to help them with such trivial matters. Likewise it shouldn't take a month to understand that Stockbridge so out of his depth he shouldn't be backed publicly. Even a cursory glance at our finances should tell him all he needs to know about our FD. A month is plenty of time to understand the politics and realities of the place. Here's a thought though, if he doesn't understand the place yet, if he's been locked in the boardroom pouring over the minutes as you seem to believe and if he hasn't made up his mind yet on Irvine, Stockbridge and our support then say nothing about them, don't make statements that further inflame an already volatile situation. Still, he's a business genius, let's fellate him instead of criticising him when he does something stupid.

As for your strawman (which is irrelevant to this thread that's you introducing it was a strawman) I've no idea, perhaps because whenever he asked who they were they wouldn't tell him, just a thought.

So you think a guy of Somers standing should take on a Chairman role of a huge business in a bit of distress then spend time googling to see what people think of the PR team ?

As for the £14m loss, and remember im not a fan of BS, but what if he takes the Malcolm Murray approach and says, its not my fault, i was doing what i was told and out voted.

When all is said and done, Paul Murray failed miserably last time he was at the club. Malcolm Murray failed miserably the last time he was at the club. Malcolm Murray was embarrassing in his capacity as Chairman and his antics at social events were very questionable. His "No surrender" and his appearance on Talk Sport was embarrassing as well. And the guffaws at the table at the child abuse joke the other week were ridiculous from people who are vying for a place on Rangers Football Club Board.

I will take my chance with Mr Somers who has no failures in business to be noted and no tainted past at our club.

I can only speak for myself as im far from taking the RM line as my posting history easily proves.

Paul Murray lied about reducing our debt. In the 2 years after he joined, our debt rose from £16m to £31m at which point Muir was appointed to the Board and a reduction plan was put in place to bring it down to the £18m we paid Lloyds when the crook took over.

Paul Murray lied about running Rangers on a Domestic break even model during his reign. Without European football we would have accumulated over £30m of losses in those 4 years. Apparently this is how he plans to run us if he gets back in.

Paul Murray in 2003 was charged with bringing in £200m of investment for Martin Currie. Having achieved only 10% of that, he left the business and Martin Currie had to suspend the fund.

Since that date, there is nothing in Company check that would suggest to me that Paul Murray is capable of running our club. In each of his current businesses, the liabilities are greater than the assets and the cash balances have been dramatically falling since 2008 to all time lows in 2012.

Now when we throw the other 2 guys in, Malcolm Murray and Scott Murdoch, between the 3 of them, their current portfolio has accumulated liabilities of £86 million with assets of £29 million. For the life of me, i cannot see how anyone can take those facts, as they are actual year end audited accounts figures, and have any sort of trust in this team to deliver.

They are telling us they are going to get investors in and run the club on a break even basis. With the exception of ONE company between them, no other business they are involved in is doing so. For me that tells a BIG story about the calibre of these gents.

This is all my opinion and is not based on me being a "RM poster boy" and i will never make the mistake of others and claim i am speaking for "the majority" or even for "RM". Its my considered opinion only.

I am always willing to learn new information though and i am happy to debate the business results, however it appears in the main, its is standard, non specific insults that get thrown about. "absolute rubbish" "RM poster boy" "its Jack Irvine" "bottom of the barrel"

Go through the factual information and pick out why we should back the Murrays and Co.

Firstly i haven't actually read anywhere that Paul Murray will be running the club as you have stated, He would be part of the board there is a difference.

Secondly yes debt went up the first two years after Pual Murray came into the club why? Player requisitions which took us to 3 in a row and a European final money well spent in my opinion because the squad needed strengthening to challenge celtic for the title.

Thirdly over the period debt was reduced whilst Paul Murray was part of the board wether or not it was down to Muir is another story.

What has bringing in £200 million of investment for Martin Currie got to do with Rangers football club?

This is nothing but an attempt to blacken the name of Rangers fans because i would say thats what P Murray, M Murray, Scott Murdoch and Co, are i would rather have them than the criminals currently stuffing their pockets with the clubs money.

rangers were a rip roaring success during paul murrays 4 years as a director previously. we got is spectacularly right both on and off the park.

we spent money to put a cracking team on the park and the trophies rolled. then we not only paid off that money but more besides.

i am not so sure that was paul murrays doing but i really can't see how he could be criticised for things going badly when they clearly went exceptionally well.

rangers were a rip roaring success during paul murrays 4 years as a director previously. we got is spectacularly right both on and off the park.

we spent money to put a cracking team on the park and the trophies rolled. then we not only paid off that money but more besides.

i am not so sure that was paul murrays doing but i really can't see how he could be criticised for things going badly when they clearly went exceptionally well.

Please give this nonsense a rest. The debt reduction was forced on him and he had absolutely nothing to do with it. He presided over it's escalation in the first place, then in come the bank to fix it, then you try to credit him

Please give this nonsense a rest. The debt reduction was forced on him and he had absolutely nothing to do with it. He presided over it's escalation in the first place, then in come the bank to fix it, then you try to credit him

the bit where things went badly. it is an indisputable fact that things went very well both on and off the park during p murrays time at the club.

dish out the praise for that as you see fit but any criticsm is daft.

Things went so well that at the end of his time, we sold the club for £1 with the only alternative model an absolute joke of a deal placed on the table by Paul Murray which involved puting us in more debt.

Yeah. Things were fantastic.