I don't rate Faure at all. He is not comfortable at right back, It's a problem position in my opinion.

Faure is a natural centre half? I am struggling to work out why he doesn't get a chance there next to Mohsni for next season. At RB id try Peralta, that's his apparent 2nd position after centre mid...perhaps the reason why he hasn't performed at RM.

Must admit I really don't miss Celtic matches or anything to do with them. For me it is one of the silver linings to our current large cloud. I agree that beating 'them' is one of the thrills of football and many of my favourite matches involve beating them, I also accept that they remain a rite-of-passage for all Rangers supporters. Going to Parkhead is about the only time we are completely outnumbered and underdogs, it was often a chastening experience and something all bluenoses should experience. I remember my first visit to Parkhead, being in the Rangers end you couldn't hear anything except our support. You could see 'them' but you couldn't hear them. Celtic scored at the opposite end of the ground from us and we in a moment we fell quiet. Almost in slow motion you could see three sides of the ground start to wildly celebrate, you could see their players run off to the side to congratulate the scorer and then a second or so later this wall of noise hit you as 50,000 or so of them went mental. We'd remain quiet for a couple of minutes then the Billy Boys would start up followed by our whole repertoire and we'd go back to not hearing them again.

I've never experienced it at any other ground, Hampden had it to an extent but the ground tended to 50/50 support wise so the noise/visual thing wasn't as exaggerated there.

But I've so much anger for them now, genuine anger not simply football rivalry, that I'm glad we don't need to play them. I'd be happy if we never played them again.

An excellent post that got me thinking of my position on this matter........I'm dying to face them again for all those reasons you cited. Perfect motivation.

Faure is a natural centre half? I am struggling to work out why he doesn't get a chance there next to Mohsni for next season. At RB id try Peralta, that's his apparent 2nd position after centre mid...perhaps the reason why he hasn't performed at RM.

Yeah Faure is a centre back.

I believe Ally has went with Jig at centre back for protection in case we drew a big boy in one of the cups. A young inexperienced centre back partnership would get tore apart against any decent opposition as it did last year.

This is what happens when Peralta plays Right Back mate,

Midfield worries me more than the defence if i am honest.

Don't agree with SBS often but more inclined to side with him here. As a right back Faure has been passable at best. No worse than the others we have tried at right back but if Aird is to become a regular at right mid for now then my next concern is getting a decent right back.

i think hes done fine at right back and was our best chat the start of the season.

he's certainly a cb not a rb.

I noted during the last game that as soon as Wallace went into attack, we switched to a 3-at-the-back line up, with Faure and Mohsni flanking McCulloch in the middle. Which should always be the case once we have a game in the bag. I can't see Lee being there for more than this and perhaps parts of next season. We have to be honest and say that our defence was not really tested so far this season, hence we have no objective picture of them. Wallace and Mohsni are allowed to move forward quite regularly and I for one think that McCulloch will not be able to cope with the pace of better strikers. And no, I don't think he has the positional sense of a Davie Weir either. At 22, I hope the Faure will be groomed into the future partner of Mohsni. He's got the pace and is not as lackadaisical as Mohsni is at times.

While I can see that Ally does look for consistency, he should rotate the squad a bit more, for injuries and suspensions may well come to haunt us in months to come, when we have to throw on Cribari (if he remains past January) or some other folk who hardly played a full competitive game this season. We've got a good core of players out there on the park, we should use those on the sidelines as well though.

This idea that we are so holy that we don't miss the OF game is high-minded drivel. The notion that they are so nasty that we should live a life in splendid isolation is nonsense.

We've played Celtic for over a century and there's been a longstanding mutual detestation - and both clubs have thrived on the back of it.

People talk about not missing their hatefulness and bile - what do they imagine football fans around Scotland think we bring to the party - goodwill and harmony? We are despised at least as much as they are around the country.

There seems to be a creeping malaise overtaking us as the mentality of being an outcast penetrates our soul. The parochialism that has been the hallmark of non-OF fans is seeping into the Rangers support. We are effectively in the huff.

It's time to give ourselves a shake. We miss the top level, we miss competitive football and we miss Celtic - and honest Celtic fans will tell you that they miss us just as much.

Without competition - which is what Rangers and Celtic provide for each other - there is nothing left of any real value. There's only one thing worse than a two-team league, and that's a one-team league.

They used to say that Scottish football needed a strong Celtic when we ruled the roost. These days, it desperately needs a strong Rangers.

This period in our history is a long joyless walk of misery and monotony. Let's not delude ourselves that it's anything else.

Bring on the Celtic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This idea that we are so holy that we don't miss the OF game is high-minded drivel. The notion that they are so nasty that we should live a life in splendid isolation is nonsense.

We've played Celtic for over a century and there's been a longstanding mutual detestation - and both clubs have thrived on the back of it.

People talk about not missing their hatefulness and bile - what do they imagine football fans around Scotland think we bring to the party - goodwill and harmony? We are despised at least as much as they are around the country.

There seems to be a creeping malaise overtaking us as the mentality of being an outcast penetrates our soul. The parochialism that has been the hallmark of non-OF fans is seeping into the Rangers support. We are effectively in the huff.

It's time to give ourselves a shake. We miss the top level, we miss competitive football and we miss Celtic - and honest Celtic fans will tell you that they miss us just as much.

Without competition - which is what Rangers and Celtic provide for each other - there is nothing left of any real value. There's only one thing worse than a two-team league, and that's a one-team league.

They used to say that Scottish football needed a strong Celtic when we ruled the roost. These days, it desperately needs a strong Rangers.

This period in our history is a long joyless walk of misery and monotony. Let's not delude ourselves that it's anything else.

Bring on the Celtic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's a very good post. I'm not saying i agree but it's a very persuasive argument.

that's a very good post. I'm not saying i agree but it's a very persuasive argument.

it's absolutely spot on, we, presently, want to go through this season undefeated in div 1, to just get closer to the SPL, where, unless something miraculous happens, our biggest challenges will be playing septic 4 times a season. The biggest games you can get in Scotland.

the most excitement we get all season, playing septic. as an earlier poster said if you win it is the greatest feeling, if we lose it is massively the other way, but no one involved in sport competes in the certainty that they're going to win every time, but we compete because there is a chance you can win. so to state that we shouldn't compete because we may lose is to be a loser, because we want to be back competing at that level.

I am gagging for that feeling of anticipation, that level of excitement, because whatever you say waking up to Rangers v Forfar on a Saturday/Sunday is not quite the same as Rangers v them, not remotely close. some of you are living in a deluded state if you think that life is better without them, whatever crepe levels their fans are dropping to; until we're angelic in our behaviour we shouldn't thrown anything larger than grains of sand.