These truly are disgusting actions and a horrible death for that man. I assume Thomas Madden was an IRA man and this incident happened in the 60/70's. No wonder the GB support the IRA.

No he wasn't. He was simply a Catholic who had to travel through a Loyalist area to get to his work, he'd no connection to Republicanism. The UVF harboured and celebrated some of the most twisted and evil men these islands have ever produced.

No he wasn't. He was simply a Catholic who had to travel through a Loyalist area to get to his work, he'd no connection to Republicanism. The UVF harboured and celebrated some of the most twisted and evil men these islands have ever produced.

I agree with you there.

Surely the lyrics here will convince you?

In 1912 a home rule bill England would impose

So Lord Carson he did raise an army to oppose

But off to France our boys were sent

And Carson he did say

Go take our sons and tell the huns that we are on our way

We're coming

We're coming

We are coming down the road

We are the volunteers of the UVF and we're coming down the road

Thanks for that up and for making the case for the Green Brigade who, following your logic, are clearly *not* singing about the modern IRA.

Oh father, why are you so sad,

on this bright Easter morn?

When Irishmen are proud and glad

Of the land where they were born."

"Oh, son, I see in memories view

Of far off distant days,

When, being just a lad like you,

I joined the IRA

Up until you cleared it up for me I was under the impression that they were singing to the glorification of a bunch of murdering scum; clearly not.

Thanks for that up and for making the case for the Green Brigade who, following your logic, are clearly *not* singing about the modern IRA.

Oh father, why are you so sad,

on this bright Easter morn?

When Irishmen are proud and glad

Of the land where they were born."

"Oh, son, I see in memories view

Of far off distant days,

When, being just a lad like you,

I joined the IRA

Up until you cleared it up for me I was under the impression that they were singing to the glorification of a bunch of murdering scum; clearly not.

What an absolutely disgusting post. Quoting an IRA song on a Rangers forum to make Rangers fans look bad? Hang your head in shame. Who needs enemies?

I think they've proved in the last few weeks that they're singing about the PIRA.

What an absolutely disgusting post. Quoting an IRA song on a Rangers forum to make Rangers fans look bad? Hang your head in shame. Who needs enemies?

I think they've proved in the last few weeks that they're singing about the PIRA.

Let me see if I can summarise your position: Your song about the UVF can't possibly be about the modern day terror group because the lyrics are set in the early 20th C whereas their song about the IRA is definitely about the modern day terror group despite the lyrics being set in the early 20th C.

You've really not thought this one through, have you?