Dear Mr King,

This is a particularly difficult letter to write, despite it being penned from one Bear to another. It is difficult because I don’t necessarily believe the model of ownership you would bring to our club – a sole owner – has been particularly successful for Rangers, and if I’m honest I would much rather see the transparency and clarity which I would hope could be afforded by some measure of fan representation on our board. In short, in writing such a letter I am foregoing many of the dreams and aspirations I hoped would be achieved in my lifetime for our club.

I mention the foregoing for one reason – to highlight how desperate and concerned I am and the circumstances which gave rise to this letter. Our support is literally ripping itself asunder in the current boardroom battle, the very heart and soul of this club are trading blows with each other and causing rifts, some of which I fear may prove irreparable. For a club such as ours, which attracts so much hatred from others, and whose strength and very survival has often relied upon our unity as a support, this presents a bleak and ominous outlook.

Further more I am not convinced that either side emerging victorious from the AGM on the 19th December, will result in a cessation of hostilities, merely a lull in the fighting, which will be renewed, perhaps with greater vigour and further damage to our already fragmented support in the future.

But I do not write to you as Dave King the financial saviour of our club. I write to you as the only man on this planet who can bring the much needed unity to our support, whose commitment to this club is without question, and who can capture, inspire and unite our support behind our club. As one.

The English writer William Hazlitt once wrote :

“No man is truly great who is great only in his lifetime. The test of greatness is the page of history.”

I, and thousands like me, would implore you now to write your page in the history of our club.

Yours in Rangers

D’Artagnan

Good letter D'Art.

Only as far as I can see there are very few Supporters who are against change, very vocal ( on the internet ) but very few.

I think those seeking change vastly outnumber those wanting to maintain the status quo however the majority are quite apathetic to it all..

Edited by forlanssister
idiocy

I those those seeking change vastly outnumber those wanting to maintain the status quo however the majority are quite apathetic to it all..

Probably, but as I say those for the status quo are few in number.

Laxey are thinking we are split down the middle it is just wrong.

Dave King might already have a decent number of shares for all we know, but he's basically said that he doesn't want to pour serious money into investing unless his investment is going directly into the club. That creates a slight conundrum with 9 & 10 in the list of AGM resolutions because they could have been included specifically to allow Dave King to invest in a share issue that other shareholders might not agree to because their own shares would be diluted, but the resolutions could also be used by another party (or parties plural) to pull a fast one and increase their shareholding for next to nothing. Difficult situation and a big risk to take voting yes to those two resolutions though.

Maybe I'm over simplifying things here, but if Dave were to release a statement saying he would pump x amount of millions into the club IF the requisitioners get onto the board, would that not pretty much be game over for the spivs? I can't remember what he already said, apologies if this is a dumb post I'm sick of trying to keep up with this..