Rangers CEO Graham Wallace speaks to Sky Sports News

Graham Wallace: No Green and Whyte at Ibrox

Rangers chief executive Graham Wallace has rubbished suggestions that predecessor Charles Green and former owner Craig Whyte are still involved in the running of the League One club.

Former oldco Rangers director Paul Murray told Sky Sports News he believed Whyte could have 'side deals' with Green but thought it unlikely he had 'any legal claim over the club's assets' which include Ibrox, Murray Park and the Albion Car Park.

"We are reasonably confident that Craig Whyte doesn't have a legal claim over the assets, but what we don't know is any side deals he may have with Charles Green," said Murray.

"The 26% block of shares that the Easdale brothers have largely is the original backers of Charles Green so I am pretty sure he is behind the scenes somewhere."

Murray, who is part of a quartet - along with Malcolm Murray, Scott Murdoch and Alex Wilson - seeking election to the Ibrox board at next week's AGM, believes his group can bring much-needed change to the troubled club.

"I think the fans ultimately want people on the board they can trust and I think they can see our group are effectively Rangers supprters who are here representing Rangers' interests as opposed to self-interest.

"We are doing this for the right reasons and I think the fans can trust us."

But Wallace insisted his claims were without foundation, saying: "I have never met those individuals and I can categorically say they have no involvement in the running of this club.

"The club needs stability, it needs the platform to be able to move forward and the AGM will be a pivotal moment.

"There have been a lot of conversations over the recent weeks and months over the relative merits of particular campaigns and particular areas of interest to invdividuals.

"What I am concerned about is having the stability and the opportunity to take the club forward and we need to have that mandate.

"We will have a wide range of supporters engaged with us in the run-up to the AGM and they want to know the club is in good hands with people in the boardroom who genuinely have Rangers at heart.

"I can categorically give them that assurance from the CEO's chair. My focus, 100%, is to drive this business forward."

Rangers' eagerly-awaited AGM will take place at Ibrox on December 19 where the current board - Wallace, Brian Stockbridge, James Easdale, Norman Crighton and David Somers - will be seeking re-election.

I think there is a distinct good chance Wallace believes Green is not involved in the club anymore. And he probably hasnt seen him or spoke to him which strengthens his belief.

However the fact the Green has been chapping doors of investors only a few weeks ago alerts me. Alerts us all I'm sure. He's still holding some strings, of that I have no doubt. We just can't be sure who's on the other end of said string. BPH? Margarita? Easdale?

not smart enough to work out how much the Easdales stake is now worth, but if he has 23% of the share portfolio then it seems to me to be multiple millions. I know his bus business is successful but does he really have enough cash to purchase all these shares or are other unnamed individuals having their share allocation announced in his name?

not smart enough to work out how much the Easdales stake is now worth, but if he has 23% of the share portfolio then it seems to me to be multiple millions. I know his bus business is successful but does he really have enough cash to purchase all these shares or are other unnamed individuals having their share allocation announced in his name?

Sandy Easdale only owns 4.5% of the shares.....everything else is proxy votes for other shareholders....

Graham Wallace: No Green and Whyte at Ibrox

Rangers chief executive Graham Wallace has rubbished suggestions that predecessor Charles Green and former owner Craig Whyte are still involved in the running of the League One club.

Former oldco Rangers director Paul Murray told Sky Sports News he believed Whyte could have 'side deals' with Green but thought it unlikely he had 'any legal claim over the club's assets' which include Ibrox, Murray Park and the Albion Car Park.

"We are reasonably confident that Craig Whyte doesn't have a legal claim over the assets, but what we don't know is any side deals he may have with Charles Green," said Murray.

"The 26% block of shares that the Easdale brothers have largely is the original backers of Charles Green so I am pretty sure he is behind the scenes somewhere."

Murray, who is part of a quartet - along with Malcolm Murray, Scott Murdoch and Alex Wilson - seeking election to the Ibrox board at next week's AGM, believes his group can bring much-needed change to the troubled club.

"I think the fans ultimately want people on the board they can trust and I think they can see our group are effectively Rangers supprters who are here representing Rangers' interests as opposed to self-interest.

"We are doing this for the right reasons and I think the fans can trust us."

But Wallace insisted his claims were without foundation, saying: "I have never met those individuals and I can categorically say they have no involvement in the running of this club.

"The club needs stability, it needs the platform to be able to move forward and the AGM will be a pivotal moment.

"There have been a lot of conversations over the recent weeks and months over the relative merits of particular campaigns and particular areas of interest to invdividuals.

"What I am concerned about is having the stability and the opportunity to take the club forward and we need to have that mandate.

"We will have a wide range of supporters engaged with us in the run-up to the AGM and they want to know the club is in good hands with people in the boardroom who genuinely have Rangers at heart.

"I can categorically give them that assurance from the CEO's chair. My focus, 100%, is to drive this business forward."

Rangers' eagerly-awaited AGM will take place at Ibrox on December 19 where the current board - Wallace, Brian Stockbridge, James Easdale, Norman Crighton and David Somers - will be seeking re-election.

I have no problem with Graham Wallace , however this line reeks of pish , hes been in place only a few weeks spoke to no fan group as far as I am aware yet in the next 6 days

hes going to speak to a wide range of fans , yeah yeah