So where have they all gone? Have they lost their tongues? What has happened to them?

We refer of course to the band of self-righteous holier-than-thou fans spokesmen (and women), bloggers and website warblers who daily repeat ad nauseam their favourite buzzword - "transparency".

STV initially stated Mark Dingwall had been suspended from the Rangers Supporters Trust (RST) Board for "improper conduct". An RST Board spokesman is quoted thus:

"Mark Dingwall is currently serving a three-week suspension, pending an investigation into allegations of improper conduct. He will be given an ultimatum to resign from his position this week."

Subsequently the same outlet quoted the RST Chairman, and Mark Dingwall ally, Gordon Dinnie, but the story had changed slightly;

Mr, Dinnie stated that the complainant and Mr. Dingwall had "stood back from participation in the trust's internal affairs whilst the complaint is being progressed as per the rules of the society".

Meanwhile other trust board members contradict Mr. Dinnie, who seems a tad confused, by claiming Mr. Dingwall HAS been suspended. The internet buzzes with allegations of computer hacking and misappropriation of funds - both criminal offences. At least two RST Board members are said to have resigned over this matter, which will have to be reported to the Regulator as a point of law - not to mention Supporters Direct. The small matter of £250,000 of fans' money dictates this.

And from the bloggers who like to refer to criminal acts and police investigations there remains silence.

Of course the man at the centre of this scandal is no stranger to controversy. Two years ago another RST Board member resigned in disgust having discovered Mr. Dingwall had "misappropriated" £2690 of RST/fans money for a period of over two years. In addition, allegations of unpaid print firm bills and missing Rangers Supporters Erskine Appeal (RSEA) money persist.

We think it would be fair to say that the RST have been Paul Murray's biggest supporters in the battle for control of the Rangers Board. Indeed it was recently revealed that Mr. Murray has been orchestrating them with emails advising to push his agenda on their website of choice, “FollowFollow.com” - which just happens to be owned, operated and controlled by Mr. Dingwall.

Given these allegations of hacking, as a precaution, we have advised our members and would urge anyone with an account on any Mark Dingwall-controlled websites to be very wary, especially if your password for those sites is the same password you use for other ‘personal’ sites, such as your email, Twitter or Facebook. We are unaware as to the full extent of the websites Mr. Dingwall controls outwith FollowFollow.com, perhaps clarification should be sought as to the privacy procedures in place with the sites of the various organisations Mr. Dingwall is connected to.

Paul Murray is never short of a word or two - what has he got to say with regards to the turmoil and scandal his biggest allies find themselves in?

This whole episode absolutely stinks. The RST, if they are to retain any shred of decency and dignity, need to tell their members and the Rangers support as a whole what's been going on and what they intend doing about it. If necessary, they must call the police - no half-hearted sound-bites, no cover-ups, the truth needs to come out.

Anyone observing the RST Facebook page will have noticed its viewing status has been changed to "secret" by another of Paul Murray's RST email buddies. This hardly instils confidence.

Meanwhile those who've posted and blogged daily regarding transparency who have now fallen silent should hang their heads in shame.

Finally, a comment from a Moderator on the RangersMedia.com website today:

"Mark Dingwall believes the Data Protection Act is optional, given that he openly asked RangersMedia to break it in April."

http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/transparency-dont-make-me-laugh.html

I apologise Brahim.

I took it to mean the issue that was being discussed, and which has been driven into the public domain.

However, I would debate whether the RST is high profile or not. When we're talking about national press, the overwhelming majority in Scotland would have never heard of MD, RST or have the slightest inkling of what it all means. They will associate RST as meaning the whole Club. Actually, I wonder if every Rangers fan knows who MD/RST are. Creating falsely engendered associations by misrepresentation is after all how Goebbelsesque agitprop functions, despite how abhorrent how it is.

Pedantry aside, I would like my main point not to be sidetracked, and that was that this issue is happily being used politically by various interests for disparate purposes, and that I don't feel that it is in the interests of the Club.

No need to apologise, my previous comment was ambiguous.

However, I beg to differ about the RST. Whilst every Rangers fan may not know who RST/MD are, one way or another Mr Dingwall by his various TV appearances etc has put them front and centre of what the media consider as Rangers fans' opinion. I would beg to suggest that they are much better known from that point of view than the Assembly itself, certainly much higher profile than the RSA. I think their support of Whyte, the Blue Knights, Green and the requisitioners and especially "don't buy season tickets" means that they are very high profile indeed; much higher profile than their numbers merit.

i honestly have no idea what part its to do with but it triggered the investigation, so its not going to get brushed under the carpet. hope they get it resolved in the right way and have a unified rangers supports trust that represents all the fans

Even if the RST has the 2,500 members that it claims, how could they possibly be considered to represent "all the fans"?

rm clearly broke it when ahmed was sacked.

the data protection act that is.

Unless you can prove that, then please don't post such allegations gunslinger. NOT coolio!

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?55420-TRS-Exclusive-Ibrox-Leak/page22

GS, look at post #216 this proves that RM could not see Ahmed's computer but only a Public IP address so they could not break the DPA. CG in his TRS article left that possible impression, but he was wrong. RM was forced to issue a public statement.