Can support of Wallace unify the fans?

I think the point of my original post has been lost. Either that or some people are ready just to throw in the towel. The point I'm making is that our fragmented support can't agree on anything. Whether it be the board, boycott or not etc. As long as we stay like that we will be rolled over time and again. I was highlighting the only common ground we seem to have at the moment that we agree on i.e. Wallace. I'm not talking about who we would like e.g. King. I'm talking about something concrete i.e. a current board member.

All negotiators try to find a piece of common ground as a starting point for bringing feuding parties together. He is our only common ground, so why don't we get behind him and use his appointment to our advantage. I don't mean get behind him as a figurehead. I mean get behind him as someone we feel we can trust on this board.

I fully agree that the current board may be using him as a front to see them through a storm, before they ditch him. Where will we be then? Are we going to stand by and just let that happen (some people on here seemed resigned to it already!! It's not the Rangers way!).

What I'm saying is let the board know "We don't trust you, but at the moment we trust Wallace. You will have a real war on your hands if anything happens to him over 120 days (or whatever timescales). Also if we see that he is not being allowed to make the changes he wants, or he resigns of his own volition, then you really will see trouble on your doorstep".

Surely we need to give Wallace a chance. But surely we as a support can stand in his corner and let this board know that we are giving them time on that condition. It's a small step towards uniting our support, but it is a step - no?

Edited by Anchorman

What exactly do you want to achieve ? What is your objective ? Get rid off the entire board or just Stockbridge ? Blue pitch and margarita only own about 15 percent between them. They're hardly majority shareholders.

Who do you want to own Rangers then ? Please don't say McColl. And will King invest and by what means?

I'd advise to be careful what you wish for. Just watch you don't end up with nothing at all

yes they have 15% yet they have appointed every singe director we have ever had or have. thats what has to change. we need a board working to get rangers back to the top not doing what bluepitch want.

laxley are more likely to keep this board honest than anyone. the real dangers are easdales 26% block.

Laxey will vote according to the board's performance. If they perform well they'll vote for them. if not they'll try and replace them although with just 10 to 15 percent shareholding they'd need to get support from other shareholders to instigate any sort of change.

I suspect where we may differ is what determines performance. I'd suggest at the end of the day it is really all about the first team and things are going reasonably well so far with the only blip being the LC defeat

The fundamental question I think we need an answer to is "is the board's intention to run us as a successful football club or to asset strip us?"

I don't think we are capable of sourcing the answer, and I'm afraid that the board aren't capable of providing us with a response we would believe.

All I can do is look at what evidence I can and come to my own conclusions. This, unfortunately, is what every fan is doing, thus so many different opinions.

We desperately need some kind of amalgamation of the fan groups and we desperately need some kind of fans' oversight of the running of the Club.

Otherwise, I fear for our future.

Everyone overlooks the fact that we all need a successful team on the park. When I say everyone I mean supporters, directors,shareholders the lot.

If we don't then everyone will want change perhaps for different reasons but everyone associated with Rangers needs the club to be successful.