Barca, the support must buy the club. We complain and moan and drone on endlessly about people not fit for purpose being in charge.

There is a way to change that.

BuyRangers is a constructive way forward. I hope it is publicised more in the New Year and endorsed by trusted Rangers figures.

We need an elected president - not a chairman of the board.

Barca, the support must buy the club. We complain and moan and drone on endlessly about people not fit for purpose being in charge.

BuyRangers is a constructive way forward. I hope it is publicised more in the New Year and endorsed by trusted Rangers figures.

If you can make it work, I'm in.

I doubt very much if this would work. Would it raise enough money for a start to buy the club?

How would you compensate the current shareholders(of which I am one) as you no longer seem to want them ?

How would the 'supporter-owned' club raise funds from time to time as all business require to do? Just ask supporters to dig deep again? Can't see banks being too keen to lend somehow.

All in all Supporter-owned clubs may sound a good idea in practice but in the real business world I tend to think not.

RangersRab, if clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid and Bayern Munich can make it work, why can't we?

Are you content with the ownership of the club falling into dangerous hands? How many more lessons do we need that Rangers is not best served by rogue ownership?

The idea that Rangers can flourish and be safe and secure when it can easily fall prey to devilish ownership is absurd.

We either take full and proper responsibility for the club or stand back and complain endlessly as the club falters and fails, and with us in the unenviable role of powerless bystanders.

Why do we fear taking responsibility for a club that plays such a big part in our lives?

If we want Rangers to be protected, we must own it. No-one will ever care for it the way we do.

RangersRab, if clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid and Bayern Munich can make it work, why can't we?

Are you content with the ownership of the club falling into dangerous hands? How many more lessons do we need that Rangers is not best served by rogue ownership?

The idea that Rangers can flourish and be safe and secure when it can easily fall prey to devilish ownership is absurd.

We either take full and proper responsibility for the club or stand back and complain endlessly as the club falters and fails, and with us in the unenviable role of powerless bystanders.

Why do we fear taking responsibility for a club that plays such a big part in our lives?

If we want Rangers to be protected, we must own it. No-one will ever care for it the way we do.

Hildy - without expressing a view either way, fan ownership does not per se equate with the Club not "falling into dangerous hands."

It could quite easily end up in the hands of people who - albeit with the best of intentions - destroy the Club forever.

I haven't seen any fundamental manifesto to date and I haven't a clue of where our democratic heart lies. That last part really worries me. Rangers falling under control of a misguided agenda driven fan faction would drive me away reluctantly.

The three clubs you mention are of course examples but they have access to greater revenues in their domestic leagues for a start.

This is one of the challenges facing our current board and I fear it will come up short.

My biggest fear about supporter-ownership is that it wouldn't be financially-sustainable and would constantly be required to go to supporters looking for more money

I believe Dave King is opposed to supporter-run clubs although someone may correct me on this

Bluebear, if the club falls into dangerous hands under a fan-ownership model, we will have elected them and we will be able to dispense with them at a following election.

Democracy isn't perfect but it's far better than random self-invited ownership.

Rab, you are correct. Dave King is not a a supporter of the fan ownership model. If he takes over the club one day, though, I will expect him to approach the fans for extra cash while he retains control.

A poster on here is convinced he doesn't want control. Time will tell.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Bluebear, if the club falls into dangerous hands under a fan-ownership model, we will have elected them and we will be able to dispense with them at a following election.

Democracy isn't perfect but it's far better than random self-invited ownership.

Rab, you are correct. Dave King is not a a supporter of the fan ownership model. If he takes over the club one day, though, I will expect him to approach the fans for extra cash while he retains control.

A poster on here is convinced he doesn't want control. Time will tell.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DK's biggest problem is how to gain control of Rangers should he wish to do so. Can anyone explain to me how he would do that as things currently stand?

Sorry, I'm a late arrival to this thread and haven't read it all but do Celtic need Rangers? They've received all their season ticket money and they're still selling tickets to the general public. All that they're missing out on is merchandise money from the pie stalls.