Fergie stripped of captaincy

What I don't understand is why people are calling for PLGs head when they don't even know what's gone on?!?!?!?

it's a joke lets back this person lets back that person....... anyone know the story ?.....no?

Del.

What I don't understand is why people are calling for PLGs head when they don't even know what's gone on?!?!?!?

EXACTLY !

All the "Please Leave Govan" and "Fergie must stay, PLG must go" banners are quite sickening actually when none of us know what has gone on.

If we knew what had happened and still felt Barry has been mis-treated then sure have a ball with the banners - but until then we have NO IDEA who is the victim in all this.

Personally I hope that whatever has happened it is possible for Barry to "bite the bullet", "be the bigger man" whatever you want to call it and bows to PLG's greater authority. Just gets on with his job of playing football and playing well because we're a poorer side without him

Personally I hope that whatever has happened it is possible for Barry to "bite the bullet", "be the bigger man" whatever you want to call it and bows to PLG's greater authority. Just gets on with his job of playing football and playing well because we're a poorer side without him

I just can't see this happening though but never say never I guess

First of all a manager has to have the respect of the players. If he feels one player is turning other players against him then he only has one choice really.

Personally i feel Barry has played his last game for us and will be sold as Murray will back le Guen.

It then depends on who comes in and how the team play whether the fans get behind le Guen or not and how quickly Barry's exit is accepted.

This is a great thread but difficult to keep up with :)

Id just like to say well done to Gavin Rae who has stepped in - fair play to him he doesnt expect to be a hero but will give 110% and just get on with the job - 1 of only a few players who do at Ibrox just now.

He is a aberdeen fan tho BTW ;)

But i dont like the fact some of the Gers fans are abusing Le Guen - far enough if his decision turns out to be wrong but not at the moment.

Just seen this on the football pages of my Orange homepage -

IBROX FUTURE BLEAK FOR FERGUSON

Rangers manager Paul Le Guen admits he may never play Barry Ferguson again for as long as he stays in charge at Ibrox.

The former Lyon boss confirmed that Gavin Rae will captain the team whenever he plays in future matches.

Ferguson was stripped of the captaincy and dropped for Tuesday's match at Motherwell, and Le Guen concedes it "will be complicated" for the Scotland midfielder to play for the club again under his management.

Le Guen told Setanta Sports 1: "It remains to be seen.

"It depends on my own situation too - I am aware of that.

"But with me it will be complicated, because of what's happened."

Le Guen, under pressure already because of poor results, risked losing more popularity among Rangers supporters by leaving out the popular Ferguson.

Already frustrated to be 17 points behind Old Firm rivals Celtic in the Bank of Scotland Premier League, the thought of Ferguson leaving Ibrox has upset many fans, who may have been barely appeased by today's 1-0 win at Motherwell.

But Le Guen said: "I always think of the interests of the team and the interests of the squad and the fans must be aware of that.

"I understand their reaction but I always think of the interests of the squad and nobody is above those interests."

Le Guen shed more light on the rift between himself and Ferguson by saying: "You must be aware that when you feel adversity outside it's nmal, but (when there is adversity) insides it's a problem ... and you have to decide."

Speaking on Setanta Sports 1, Le Guen sought support from the club's fanbase by saying: "They have to know that it is not a whim.

"I have tried my best since I arrived every day, but when I feel someone doesn't work like I want it influences my decision."

Le Guen confirmed: "When Gavin plays he will be the captain. He is my first captain."

Earlier, former Rangers striker Billy Dodds claimed the relationship between Ferguson and Paul Le Guen appeared to be irrevocably damaged.

Dodds, who was a team-mate of Ferguson at Ibrox from 1999 to 2002, has been made aware of the background to the saga.

He considers Le Guen to have made up his mind definitively on the issue.

"He's told him he'll never play again for Rangers as long as he's manager," Dodds told Setanta Sports 1.

"Barry asked for the reasons and I think it was a case of 'I just don't get on with you' - as simple as that.

"That's an incredible decision - that's politics, that's nothing to do with football.

"You need your best players on the pitch, he is your best player and he's not playing."

Malky