Honestly, I was expecting that some vultures would come in once all this stockmarket stuff started. All these strange funds and trusts and companies with names that look more like a bad movie. While Laxey et al voted for Wallace and Somers, I wonder how major "minor" shareholders like Laxey or now Damille can actually influence the board in any way though. They are not "owners" like David Murray was, I would assume. Wallace ain't their lapdog. Neither can they make him/us sell Lee Wallace or lease/loan Ibrox. Wouldn't either actually decrease our market worth for other investors?

To me this looks like people knowing about King's interest , buying shares on the cheap and waiting for King to make his move at say 30+p. What I do not get is that King is out there in the shadowy fringes, giving the board and the club flak for doing what they are every now and then, but does not what is needed to do. Those 600k or something required to purchase those 2.3m shares would not even put a dent into his purse. But he's oh so "clever and acute a business-man" that he does not come in just now. Or last September, or June, or March ... when his accounts were defrozen.

By the looks of it, I should start teaching a Brunei prince some German, convince him to invest in my club and have him take Rangers over. That will probably happen sooner than King investing his cash ...

Now back to the real world.

In a nutshell, the people who are selling are those who acquired their shares for 1p and those (mainly small shareholders) who either need the money to pay off their Christmas credit card bills or are worried about losing everything in another liquidation, or both.

The savvy people are now starting to buy because they believe that Wallace will deliver and on that basis the shares are undervalued.

Honestly, I was expecting that some vultures would come in once all this stockmarket stuff started. All these strange funds and trusts and companies with names that look more like a bad movie. While Laxey et al voted for Wallace and Somers, I wonder how major "minor" shareholders like Laxey or now Damille can actually influence the board in any way though. They are not "owners" like David Murray was, I would assume. Wallace ain't their lapdog. Neither can they make him/us sell Lee Wallace or lease/loan Ibrox. Wouldn't either actually decrease our market worth for other investors?

The vultures are indeed circling dB. As for Laxey, they probably already have a man on the board in the form of Crighton.

As for the influence these people have over Wallace, he's our 3rd CEO inside a year who will have a single vote on the board. If anything, the two previous CEOs (Green & Mather) had more influence than Wallace, but both had to bite the bullet and get out of Dodge. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't have particularly high hopes for Wallace because he seems like a great tuna lost in shark infested waters.

In a nutshell, the people who are selling are those who acquired their shares for 1p and those (mainly small shareholders) who either need the money to pay off their Christmas credit card bills or are worried about losing everything in another liquidation, or both.

The savvy people are now starting to buy because they believe that Wallace will deliver and on that basis the shares are undervalued.

That may be so...how he goes about 'delivering' is what worries me.

Rumour Richard Buxton of Old Mutual is behind the buy for close brothers.

Richard Buxton is a top man with 30 years investment experience with Barings and Schroders before Old Mutual. According to the respected industry service Trustnet "Overall, performing better than the peer group composite. Over a long track record, the manager has outperformed the peer group more often than not. Stockpicking has made a contribution to results, which have tended to be relatively better in a rising market. "

If he's a buyer that says a lot.