Does he himself have that kind of money to throw around though? Perhaps those from the Emerald Isle pulling his strings do right enough.

Didn`t he try to buy Green out for a price in about the 30`s ? or maybe Green told him the McColl group had offered him that but he told them to stick it as he was holding out for 70p ? Can`t remember but it was something like that .

Was there actually a buy recorded for the balance of 2.25 million between 13:05 and 13:24?

I missed this today and was actually going to stop posting lest the price falls became self-fulfilling.

More buyers than sellers after 1.30pm certainly and the price back up to 28/29p.

Looks to me like 24p was a stop loss price for someone or something. If those were shares bought at 70p then someone's taken a £1.15 million hit.

Why anyone would have an open stop loss on a thinly traded security is beyond me. That would be absolute suicide !

Agreed , unless maybe if you knew what price the new shares would be offered at and it was substantially less than 24p ? .

or that a failure was imminent or inevitable.

Either.

My opinion, for what it is worth is the former; it may need to as low as 20p to attract sufficient interest. Am tempted to say 10p-20p?

Even at that price, it would be money thrown away, given the incumbents. I realise a football club is not a money making exercise but this lot have been beyond parody. No investor in their right mind would buy shares in Rangers, not even at that price, as long as the people making the decisions remain the current lot.

Which makes me all the more suspicious of why Laxey, BPH et al continued to back them at the AGM. They must have known it would make their investment shakier, not stronger; how could anyone review the previous 12-24 months and say, yep. I think we'll start to see an increase in share price and a decent return for us if we stick with the board?

Once again, I'm stuck at any explanation other than Timothy's fell hand operating behind the scenes to cause maximum damage for maximum time. As Conan Doyle has Holmes say, one you have eliminated all other possibilities, what remains, no matter how implausible, must be the truth. My lunacy is not yet beyond the point where I cannot see how mad that sounds, but jeez...someone give me a sane alternative as to why the people controlling the club are apparently acting to drive it into the ground?

Would a membership scheme - with money going via a trustee/caretaker straight to the club - not the better way to invest in the club right now. I really wonder why somesuch has not been done by now, something where there is transparency with regards to the money and where it is going.

And somesuch would not mean that the "normal" finances can go bust et al, rather safeguard certain investments from being misspent.