I don't know exactly where the cuts need to happen....coz I don't know the numbers of folk in each dept. For example....if a certain dept has five members of staff, could it still be run effectively @ our current level with 3 or 4 folk??? Do they all need to be working full time??? Are there folk earning a wage, but not pulling their weight - clear out any deadwood. Refine internal procedures to make things more efficient, with possibly less staff. Employ enough folk to keep the club running lean, yet effective.

Directors have left, but we also have replacements....

We are a company with a £19m turnover, with a £10m office wage bill....operating in the 3rd tier of business.....

We will only be at this level for another 15 months or so, then we will need to rehire them again. Is it worth paying them off and risk losing them altogether, especially if they are key staff members.

There is plenty of deadwood mate. That £10m office bill includes our entire youth set up i am sure and certainly all our coaches and physios etc.

we could have spent half what we have on players and still be in deep shit.

at least players are at the core of what we are a football club.

millions spent on spivery are the real issue.

Where though mate? It's certainly not on this £17m staff wage bill. This is what i was trying to get at earlier, what is the money that is missing and how much.

Where though mate? It's certainly not on this £17m staff wage bill. This is what i was trying to get at earlier, what is the money that is missing and how much.

god only knows. but given the new austure board like to dine at mar hall heaven knows how much caviar and bollinger the old lot quaffed.

Is it worth paying them off and risk losing them altogether, especially if they are key staff members.

In a word YES!!!

The infrastructure should have been trimmed down considerably when we went into Administration - it didn't happen. If you keep the back-office setup lean, yet efficient, you are then freeing up extra cash for other parts of the business. Trim it down to the bare-bones, then if we need to re-hire for certain positions later on, then so-be-it.

In a word YES!!!

The infrastructure should have been trimmed down considerably when we went into Administration - it didn't happen. If you keep the back-office setup lean, yet efficient, you are then freeing up extra cash for other parts of the business. Trim it down to the bare-bones, then if we need to re-hire for certain positions later on, then so-be-it.

In the summer of 2012 i would have agreed with you, now we are too close to the big time again. We need to be ready in every way possible for that challenge.

In a word YES!!!

Usually any football team that goes in to Admin there are massive cuts to everything that never happened to us and for the most part other than the change of company you would think nothing happened. I know how that sounds but in essence it's true and it's a big reason we are back in another mess

Usually any football team that goes in to Admin there are massive cuts to everything that never happened to us and for the most part other than the change of company you would think nothing happened. I know how that sounds but in essence it's true and it's a big reason we are back in another mess

I'm not sure that's entirely correct, the Head of Business, Jacquie Gourlay lost her highly paid job (not sure about the exact timing in relation to the administration) and so far as I know was not replaced.

Currently the Ticket Centre are recruiting for 6 staff albeit on zero hours contracts.

Whilst I am sure that most of us would take the view that zero hours contracts are shameful, perhaps we should think about employing some of the peripheral players on that basis?

Edited by BrahimHemdani
Spelling error!

In the summer of 2012 i would have agreed with you, now we are too close to the big time again. We need to be ready in every way possible for that challenge.

Regardless if the league position etc....the non-playing wages needs reduced. The company as a whole needs streamlining. Processes need to be reviewed, and positions cut where appropriate. Hopefully this is what Wallace is doing at the moment....at the end we should have a sleeker company structure, that is more able to move the club forward.

We are regularly getting crowds of 40k+....how are backroom jobs going to change because we are back in the premiership??? They are not suddenly going to be inundated with masses of paperwork/invoices etc....

How much did we earn from commercial income? A few million? Dortmund bring in something like £72m - they may have 78k fans at every game but that's not 25 times more than us. We're missing a trick. Their shirt sponsor pays about £8m and the stadium naming is almost £4m.

No matter what league we're in, or our turnover, or who is on the board, we are still in a relatively rich country with a huge following and so must have up to half the commercial potential. You could compare the size of our countries but even then you have to wonder what the commercial attraction would be in the rest of Germany considering that they have 20 other large clubs with sellout stadia. Or is it just to do with repeated exposure throughout Germany and in Europe?

If we could increase our commercial income by a measly £6m, then it would be equivalent to reducing the players wages to almost zero. We're heading straight back to the top tier in a year and a half, what is the point in saving a few million now when it could compromise our progress and cause us to have to spend more when we get to the top?

I remember I had a PHD student friend who wouldn't go out much and scrimped and scraped to save for the future. What he put away was a lot for him at the time but I pointed out that it would be buttons compared to his first wage after graduating and make all the parsimony seem like a waste of three years of his young life. He got the message and started to enjoy himself, even becoming the chair of the post grad social committee. He went on to earn megabucks which made the amount he could have saved while having a boring life, totally insignificant.

I think we're in a similar position here.