What were the Forfar stalwarts up to whilst our lads were having a siesta I wonder?

Working but then again they're not expected to perform like Barca every match nor are they under huge pressure to deliver promotion and success on a yearly basis.

I really don't get people's annoyance or surprise by all this. Is it OTT? Most probably and I'm certainly envious but such preparation (pampering?) is part of football and has been for many, many years. In the grand scheme of things financially, it's not overly important and I'd say the end justifies the means.

Working but then again they're not expected to perform like Barca every match nor are they under huge pressure to deliver promotion and success on a yearly basis.

I really don't get people's annoyance or surprise by all this. Is it OTT? Most probably and I'm certainly envious but such preparation (pampering?) is part of football and has been for many, many years. In the grand scheme of things financially, it's not overly important and I'd say the end justifies the means.

It's impossible to know if we would have won the match if the squad had set off in the afternoon from Auchenhowie but by all accounts the preparation did nothing for the quality of the football especially in the first half.

It's not entirely a financial issue.

It's impossible to know if we would have won the match if the squad had set off in the afternoon from Auchenhowie but by all accounts the preparation did nothing for the quality of the football especially in the first half.

It's not entirely a financial issue.

OK, we stop doing this and tell players we'll travel via coach on day of game only. This saves us £250,000 from the annual budget.

Do you think performances will improve? What about results? Will we have more or less injuries over the course of a season? Will players be as eager to sign for us knowing such preparations? All in all, will we be better or worse off?

Not sure, well why don't we go the whole hog and just sell Auchenhowie as well? Costs millions to run and we played poorly in the first half last night. Surely we should just remove that from the budget, make money from selling the land and just train at Toryglen or Ibrox each day? Facetious argument I know but that's the ultimate conclusion of this debate.

OK, we stop doing this and tell players we'll travel via coach on day of game only. This saves us £250,000 from the annual budget.

Do you think performances will improve? What about results? Will we have more or less injuries over the course of a season? Will players be as eager to sign for us knowing such preparations? All in all, will we be better or worse off?

Not sure, well why don't we go the whole hog and just sell Auchenhowie as well? Costs millions to run and we played poorly in the first half last night. Surely we should just remove that from the budget, make money from selling the land and just train at Toryglen or Ibrox each day? Facetious argument I know but that's the ultimate conclusion of this debate.

I haven't suggested any of the above.

All I suggested was that each travel case be treated on its own merits and I did say that I had absolutely no difficulty with overnight stays in good quality accommodation for trips to such as Peterhead and Elgin.

I think there is an analogy here with business planning. Whilst some think that taking the red eye to London is cost effective for a morning meeting; I always contended that I wanted to be where I had to be the night before so that I could get a proper night's sleep and be ready to make a full contribution the next day. In the same way, I think that the players should be where they're supposed to be for a lunch time or even afternoon game either overnight or several hours in advance during the day; but not for an evening kick-off less than two hours up the road. That's just profligacy in my book, especially in our current financial state.

It will be interesting to see what the travel plans are for places like Alloa, Dumbarton, Falkirk and Livingston next season.