The film still goes ahead. The fund raising to pay for more archives has been cancelled because only 9 people backed it with a few quid. Fantastic eh?

In fairness, January and February aren't really great months for raising money at the best of times since a lot of folk are keeping their budget tight.

January is also a very slow month for a lot of trades and tradesmen and this year the slow January has continued right into February for many.

I would also imagine that a fair number of our fans have been expecting another share issue from the Club in the near future.

In fairness, January and February aren't really great months for raising money at the best of times since a lot of folk are keeping their budget tight.

January is also a very slow month for a lot of trades and tradesmen and this year the slow January has continued right into February for many.

I would also imagine that a fair number of our fans have been expecting another share issue from the Club in the near future.

The only thing I would say Zappa was that a £10 donation was getting you a copy of the DVD. Most people will go and pay it once its made, which is taking away from the quality of the production that they will probably pay at least £10 for anyway. False economy I think.

Whilst, I am in no doubt that SDMC are in this to make money, as far as I can gather from the Director, Chris, it has been laregly financed by him personally up till now. For example he told me that he had paid £1,500 for an old Rangers film archive that had been hidden away in France for many years. I believe him when he says that he is a Man City fan and that Rangers are his second team. To that extent, it does seem like a labour of love and all reprorts so far have been very positive.

Apparently he went to the SFA for certain footage and was asked to pay; not surprising perhaps but an added burden nonetheless.

I am not sure about Hollywood but I think Anchorman and I will be on the blue carpet at the Glasgow Film Theatre!

I intend to produce the best documentary of my career revealing the rise/fall and resurrection of Glasgow Rangers FC. I want to take an unbiased look at the clubs history from the point of view of it fans!

Who knows he might get an Oscar.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
typo

I think the £10 thing was not well publicised and perhaps the funding option was pulled early.

I thought it was pretty clear on the OP link what the £10 got you https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1185240213/glasgow-rangers-the-blue-bear-rises/backers

The guys had no choice but to pull it. Apparently under Kickstarter rules you have to remove it after the original allocated time (which was at least a month in this case) if the target figure is not achieved, and refund any donations. Understandably the guys thought there would be a real desire amongst our fans to promote ourselves on a DVD (and FILM) for the first time and that £7K was a realistic target in a month, bearing in mind what you got for your larger donations as well (see link).

Just an update to say I've just been filmed and interviewed by Chris (couldn't get to my house so he booked out a room in a pub). Just to reiterate what Brahim said above. Chris is a very positive guy with a real determination to see this film work. He is really committed to producing something that Rangers fans can be proud of, that shows the best side of our support throughout. Top guy.

He told me he is charged in excess of £500 per minute for archive footage, as well as having to pay extra costs for showing it. I can confirm that it is definitely going ahead. He has also persuaded Gazza to do an interview.

Just an update to say I've just been filmed and interviewed by Chris (couldn't get to my house so he booked out a room in a pub). Just to reiterate what Brahim said above. Chris is a very positive guy with a real determination to see this film work. He is really committed to producing something that Rangers fans can be proud of, that shows the best side of our support throughout. Top guy.

He told me he is charged in excess of £500 per minute for archive footage, as well as having to pay extra costs for showing it. I can confirm that it is definitely going ahead. He has also persuaded Gazza to do an interview.

Well that's the end of the filming. All the camera's broke.:D

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well! Thank you for your continued support of the Rangers project so far.

We're pleased to say that a new funding campaign is now being started on our Indigogo page to raise funds for

the Rangers documentary!

It's only open for 2 weeks though, so make sure you get your contributions early to support our project!

Link to our Indiegogo page: http://igg.me/p/695323/x/6506085

We've got a short teaser trailer of the documentary now up on Youtube - check out our interviews

with David Fisher, Clive Anderson and other Rangers fans and supporters.

Filming is going well so far, lots of great footage and interviews with fans and people all passionately

involved with Rangers FC to bring you the story of Rangers from the fans' view!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph0UAvTrTaU

Thanks again everyone, looking forward to having you onboard with us!

Best wishes,

Niraj Dave

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Niraj Dave | Researcher

SDMC Productions Limited

Email: niraj.dave@sdmcproductions.com

Office: 0044 (0)161 2362112

Mob: 0044 (0) 7905942209

Web: http://www.sdmcproductions.com

Disclaimer: The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the recipient to which addressed. It may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than addressee, nor may it be copied in any way. If received in error, please contact SDMC Productions Ltd @ mail@sdmcproductions.com quoting name of sender and addressee. PLEASE DELETE FROM SYSTEM

Please note that neither SDMC Productions nor any Employees or associates accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the e-mail and attachments (if any). No contracts may be concluded on behalf of SDMC Productions Ltd by means of e-mail communication