Fund Objectives and Questions for River & Mercantile

You are obviously entitled to your opinion Andy; but I think you are wrong. They are obviously very constrained in what they can say in public but they have actually answered 3 of the questions in those two sentences, albeit in general terms.

Nonetheless I will convey to them everyone one's sentiments who cares to comment.

Might want to paraphrase a tad, old chap.

Bottom line is, if you want to invest your cash (like any of this operates on a cash basis!) in a football club you are surely aware that the 'stakeholders' - fans, to normal people - will be far more aggressively interested in who you are, what your aims are, what you are up to. There's simply no prospect of wandering in, buying a chunk of shares, issuing vacuous statements and expecting 'stakeholders' to think 'fair enough'.

And given our recent history, we are the touchy fanbase par exemplar. If yer man is under the illusion (delusion) that he can buy low, disappear off the radar and then sell at a tidy profit some years down the line, with no questions asked, he's a bit optimistic. Bluntly, a two or three sentence mission statement - while it may address some issues, tho I don't quite see how it does that myself - raises more questions than it answers, and comes across to at least one fan as dismissive, especially given the nature of the questions asked.

Even 'I can't go into detail, but...' would have been better.

Might want to paraphrase a tad, old chap.

Bottom line is, if you want to invest your cash (like any of this operates on a cash basis!) in a football club you are surely aware that the 'stakeholders' - fans, to normal people - will be far more aggressively interested in who you are, what your aims are, what you are up to. There's simply no prospect of wandering in, buying a chunk of shares, issuing vacuous statements and expecting 'stakeholders' to think 'fair enough'.

And given our recent history, we are the touchy fanbase par exemplar. If yer man is under the illusion (delusion) that he can buy low, disappear off the radar and then sell at a tidy profit some years down the line, with no questions asked, he's a bit optimistic. Bluntly, a two or three sentence mission statement - while it may address some issues, tho I don't quite see how it does that myself - raises more questions than it answers, and comes across to at least one fan as dismissive, especially given the nature of the questions asked.

Even 'I can't go into detail, but...' would have been better.

Oh no, Andy, I'll tell them like it is, full and unexpurgated; I think they'll get the message.

Having dealt with a number of these type of investment firms, they probably are not looking at it as a football club, but just an investment. They probably believe the fundimentals are potentially sound and the share price is vastly under-valued and are only interested in a share price rise, and may sell next week, or in 5 years, depending on market conditions.

It could well be in one of their very high risk funds.

In respect of the questions,

1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 are probably confidential, as would 3 be if the answer as yes. Why would they disclose that information publicly?

At a guess, I'd say that they haven't considered 11-14.

I can't see any reason why they would commit to 10.

Question 5 is probably the one that I would expect them to answeras that's the sort of information that they would routinely disclose.

I don't feel that they are being dismissive. they just aren't looking at it in the same way as we do.

I'm surprised that the likes of Laxey appear so hands-on, and I wouldn't be surprised if this crowd are not like that and are just adopting a normal investment company approach.

Having dealt with a number of these type of investment firms, they probably are not looking at it as a football club, but just an investment. They probably believe the fundimentals are potentially sound and the share price is vastly under-valued and are only interested in a share price rise, and may sell next week, or in 5 years, depending on market conditions.

It could well be in one of their very high risk funds.

In respect of the questions,

1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 are probably confidential, as would 3 be if the answer as yes. Why would they disclose that information publicly?

At a guess, I'd say that they haven't considered 11-14.

I can't see any reason why they would commit to 10.

Question 5 is probably the one that I would expect them to answeras that's the sort of information that they would routinely disclose.

I don't feel that they are being dismissive. they just aren't looking at it in the same way as we do.

I'm surprised that the likes of Laxey appear so hands-on, and I wouldn't be surprised if this crowd are not like that and are just adopting a normal investment company approach.

BD, I detailed the Funds in the OP; both are certainly above average risk.

I agree that a lot of the issues are confidential or market sensitive or both; but I asked the questions that I and others on here had in mind; knowing full well that it was unlikely they would answer despite the initial assurance. I seriously doubt that they expected such detailed questions.

I will go back to them with the comments and see if I can persuade them to answer 5 at least if not 11-14; but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by BrahimHemdani