There is something seriously wrong with the Rangers Support in the present day.

I am probably one of Allys biggest critics on here, but never would I give him abuse.

I remember John Greig being sacked, but he was never given the personal abuse Ally McCoist has been subject too.

Funny you should mention Greig getting the heave. I was in 1st year at the time, and someone told me in school, just about lunchtime, that he'd been bagged. I wanted him to stay (can't remember why) and so, to demonstrate my dismay, attempted to hurl the Wotsit I was about to eat to the ground, the better to display my anger.

Have you ever seen a Wotsit float gently to the ground? As expressions of disgust it left a lot to be desired, but I suppose it stood as a suitable metaphor for John Grieg's reign; the best if intentions, but shocking results. Now, in these more nutritionally aware days, I should probably hurl a piece of Rocket to the floor of my kitchen should I hear bad news about The Rangers, or viciously crumble a cube of Feta cheese.

Now, that's a waste of bandwith.

There is something seriously wrong with the Rangers Support in the present day.

I am probably one of Allys biggest critics on here, but never would I give him abuse.

I remember John Greig being sacked, but he was never given the personal abuse Ally McCoist has been subject too.

In Greig's final season a few hundred wandered round to the front of the main entrance to hurl dog's abuse about Greig. I remember looking at their ages and thinking "none of you would ever have seen what this man gave in a blue jersey" and it made me so angry (not angry enough to throw a puffy crisp right enough). John Greig's domestic results weren't great but his European nights were among the very best this Club has ever had. Being the first team to beat PSV in the Phillips Arena (courtesy of a majestic display from that man under Andy Steel's name - Mr Bobby Russell - if footballers were musical instruments Bobby would be a finely tuned harp), beating Juventus (with most of the Italy team in their side, and they were not amused).

I hated seeing John Greig get abuse and was very pleased that common sense saw him take his pride of place back at the Club as the Greatest Ranger Ever. He should be back there.

Edited by Anchorman

In Greig's final season a few hundred wandered round to the front of the main entrance to hurl dog's abuse about Greig. I remember looking at their ages and thinking "none of you would ever have seen what this man gave in a blue jersey" and it made me so angry (not angry enough to throw a puffy crisp right enough). John Greig's domestic results weren't great but his European nights were among the very best this Club has ever had. Being the first team to beat PSV in the Phillips Arena (courtesy of a majestic display from that man under Andy Steel's name - Mr Bobby Russell - if footballers were musical instruments Bobby would be a finely tuned harp), beating Juventus (with most of the Italy team in their side, and they were not amused). I hated seeing John Greig get abuse and was very pleased that common sense saw him take his pride of place back at the Club as the Greatest Ranger Ever. He should be back there.

I don't think he got the personal abuse AM is getting, yes he got panned for his record as a Manager and rightly so.

Yes I was there that night and it saddened me, but it was the right decision.

What Ally is getting seems personal and I'm not sure all of it is about his record as a Manager.

I don't think he got the personal abuse AM is getting, yes he got panned for his record as a Manager and rightly so.

Yes I was there that night and it saddened me, but it was the right decision.

What Ally is getting seems personal and I'm not sure all of it is about his record as a Manager.

You can't compare the times though mate. Who knows what Greig would have received had we had the digital age\internet\progress?\the age where you can destroy someones life from a grotty little room and a laptop?

You can't compare the times though mate. Who knows what Greig would have received had we had the digital age\internet\progress?\the age where you can destroy someones life from a grotty little room and a laptop?

You have said it better than I could.

I'm not interested in the bollocks about he did, she did, they did or what anyone did when it comes to our own in-house arguments, but I definitely agree with the general thrust of the thought that Ally deserves more respect than what he's getting from some of our fans.

ally has a lot to answer for in terms of the quality of or football. however, he deserves our respect because of who he is and what he has previously done for us.

our respect but not our support. he needs to earn that and so far he simply hasn't. and time is running out.