He shouldn't be abused in anyway whatsoever and I agree some people go too far.

But I would say some fans think he can do no wrong and back it up with stuff like he's Mr Rangers or a good Rangers man etc.

I personally just don't think he's up to the job of managing Rangers.

But I would say some fans think he can do no wrong and back it up with stuff like he's Mr Rangers or a good Rangers man etc.

I've yet to meet any fans who thinks McCoist can do no wrong, but, I'll take your word for it that they exist somewhere. Be that the case, the vast majority of other fans recognise that he can and does do wrong and will continue to do wrong for some time to come - albeit in hopefully decreaseing amounts. But these other fans also recognise that he is still learning his trade as a manager and so are willing to give him every last opportunity to prove himself.

We are willing to give him the time to get us to the top division and see how he does there under 'normal' circumstance and if he does well we will have been vindicated in our patience. If he fails, then so be it - but then at least we can look ourselves in the eye and know that we gave him every chance and stood by him for as long as possible. The reason for giving him this time and patience is that he *is* Mr Rangers, he *is* one of us and he has earned the right to expect at least that degree of loyalty from us.

Ok fair enough real papa you are one of the fans who excuse his shortcomings just because he is mr rangers. I take it in two to three years time you will be very supportive of the board as they try and fund a complete squad rebuild for a new manager as we find ourselves two to three years behind the game plan to wrest top spot back from celtic, if Ally does in fact prove to be inadequate for the task. However should he prove

to be the real deal deal then I'll be eating my hat..

I've yet to meet any fans who thinks McCoist can do no wrong, but, I'll take your word for it that they exist somewhere. Be that the case, the vast majority of other fans recognise that he can and does do wrong and will continue to do wrong for some time to come - albeit in hopefully decreaseing amounts. But these other fans also recognise that he is still learning his trade as a manager and so are willing to give him every last opportunity to prove himself.

We are willing to give him the time to get us to the top division and see how he does there under 'normal' circumstance and if he does well we will have been vindicated in our patience. If he fails, then so be it - but then at least we can look ourselves in the eye and know that we gave him every chance and stood by him for as long as possible. The reason for giving him this time and patience is that he *is* Mr Rangers, he *is* one of us and he has earned the right to expect at least that degree of loyalty from us.

We need to get away from all the Rangers man stuff

I judge Ally McCoist on how his teams perform, not on the fact he is a Rangers supporter and ex player.

We need professional businessmen with a proven track record running the business side and a professional manager, coaches and players on the football side. I don't think Ally McCoist is the man for the football side

I judge Ally McCoist on how his teams perform, not on the fact he is a Rangers supporter and ex player.

If you are judging McCoist the manager by those criteria, then that's fine - we should all be doing that.

However, those people who judge McCoist the man by the performances of the team (and I'm not saying you are one, btw) forgetting the pivotal role that McCoist played in the summer of 2012 are not the sort of people I'd want with me in the trenches - or in the Govan stand.