Not sure if correct but other threads are indicating that allys contrac

t runs down in the summer. If correct what deal would you suggest he is offered Real Papa, as you want him to be given a crack at taking us into the spl?

Personally, I'd give him a two year contract at a payscale which reflects the fact that he is manager of Rangers, albeit Rangers in the lower leagues. This takes us into the top flight and gives us two seasons after this to judge his and the team's development. If there has been obvious progress after the first season in the SPwhateveritwillbecalled then I'd be minded to stick with him. If the development of the team and those parts of the club for which he is responsible hasn't been what we could reasonably expect, then it would be time to have The Conversation.

Problem i have with two year deal is what happens if he struggles to get us out of the championship (which is not a crazy thought on current performances) and by this time next year we need to have the convo! It will cost us a lot to pay him and entourage off. IF we keep him on it has to be on a one year contract. Would ally accept that? I think folks that share your view would scream that it was the board forcing out a legend etc no easy answers but this board and wallace need balls the size of melons and the judgement of solomon to make the right decisions in the next few months.

He shouldn't be abused in anyway whatsoever and I agree some people go too far.

But I would say some fans think he can do no wrong and back it up with stuff like he's Mr Rangers or a good Rangers man etc.

I personally just don't think he's up to the job of managing Rangers.

I haven't seen one poster on here who writes like they think he can do no wrong. It's seems to be a delusional view that Ally bashers use to avoid listening to those disagree with them. There's just plenty of people who think stuff like winning 21 out of 22 league games doesn't give much credence to the "clueless" manager opinion.

Nobody thinks he's a managerial genius but plenty think he's passable for now - especially taking circumstances into account. There is only one side of the debate that goes to extremes.

So the gist of this article is that Ally is completely untouchable. If this season with his signings and lets be honest not to many of field distractions is not "unhindered" then i doubt that condecending types like cg will ever see it differently. My opinion has fuck all to do with what shite i read either in blogs or in the media. Ally is a poor football manager and we will constantly need more huge investment to fund his inadequacy.

dont see where it says that allys untouchable in the article. wasnt about allys managing abilities either. And for the record i doubt his ability as a manager too. Full marks to Chris for his article highlighting these attacks on our manager. It has become the norm in the main stream media to drag our club through the mud by any means possible in a world were the journalistic underclass have a free reign.

On the other side of the city theres a story that no one in the media will touch. infact they will do anything to veer attention the other way. hence the articles about Ally. The pathetic article about Whyte too owning Ibrox. So fucking lame im starting to think Alex Thompson shares a bed with Speirs.

I've not read the OP but I will say this.

When I sat through the later years of Eck's tenure I honestly thought we had been saddled with the worst manager to ever grace world football. Pretty quick into Ally's tenure I found alarming similarities (as I knew would happen).

Now I think Ally is far worse than Eck.

The pair of them belong in the bottom teir of Scottish football. Archaic and worthless (managerial wise, not character based before anyone gets annoyed...)

I've not read the OP but I will say this.

When I sat through the later years of Eck's tenure I honestly thought we had been saddled with the worst manager to ever grace world football. Pretty quick into Ally's tenure I found alarming similarities (as I knew would happen).

Now I think Ally is far worse than Eck.

The pair of them belong in the bottom teir of Scottish football. Archaic and worthless (managerial wise, not character based before anyone gets annoyed...)

That is harsh on the bottom tier mate, there were some managers we came up against last season who had the tactical beating of McCoist, they sent their teams out to play and to give 100%. These wee managers showed more in defeat than Ally did in victory. If he wasn't at Rangers he wouldn't be a manager anywhere else and now after this stint he certainly wouldn't get a job anywhere else.

Many things, i don't really have time right now to go into detail. If i am being honest i am struggling to just like him right now never mind respect him, and this is me talking about a man i grew up loving, supporting and idolising over a many number of years.

I regularly just despair at his interviews, and stuff like saying the Forfar first half was an OK performance is just taking the fans for mugs.

Saying that if he was any good as a manager I'd get over it

Just read some of Allys comments from yesterday. In a nutshell - if we are lucky enough to get promoted this year there are no gaurantees we will get promotion next year as hearts will be strong plus others blah blah.

Is he starting to doubt his ability to do this job?

Just read some of Allys comments from yesterday. In a nutshell - if we are lucky enough to get promoted this year there are no gaurantees we will get promotion next year as hearts will be strong plus others blah blah.

Is he starting to doubt his ability to do this job?

It was an embarrassing interview, another in a long list recently.