How can you call the board spivs on Twitter and go in to meet them the following day to debate issues with them? (as an extreme example)

Clearly you cannot.

Also in my time as Secretary, as BD has alluded to:

1. The RST were forced to withdraw comments about the so called Famine Song or their membership of SD would not have been renewed.

2. I prevented comment about the OBB because it was not part of their remit to make such comments.

I realise there's an element of childishness to this objection, but I am massively suspicious of 'calling in' fans of other clubs for advice.

We saw what they feel viz a vis Rangers when we were in the crapper, i.e. they wanted us stone dead. I haven't seen anything to suggest that opinion has changed since then and I would be extremely wary of taking advice from any of them. We saw how much legal duty

meant to the people at HMRC when they were leaking info to RTC.

The list of benefits the other day seems a bit wishy washy to me, and I remain unconvinced. However, there's plenty more fans to bring round to that side, so good luck.

That's fine Iain and thanks for trying to answer questions.

I'm open minded about this subject, but slightly concerned about SD and whether or not they've now found their feet with a definitive fan ownership model.

There is a fundamental issue with SD because the IPS model that they have long promoted and has been successful in England has not been successful in Scotland where the CIC model has been the main one adopted.

Anonymous? :facepalm:

I'm sure it's absolutely nothing to do with the personal slurs and lies being perpetuated by Mark on Follow Follow. Nothing at all.

Not sure why anyone would want to stay anonymous.

I myself have concerns about the viability of the new scheme and would have no problem putting my name to them. That's the whole point of debate.

Drew Roberton (RST and RSAssociation board member) has this to say in the Record (basically making the same points as anon in the ET:

According to Paul Goodwin Rangers supporters could assume control of their club within 18 months - if they wanted to

RANGERS supporters groups have urged a note of caution ahead of a Valentine’s Day showdown aimed at a possible fan takeover at Ibrox.

A meeting has been arranged in Glasgow next Friday – exactly two years to the day since Rangers went into administration.

Supporters Direct Scotland will offer advice on setting up a fan ownership scheme similar to the one being used to rescue Hearts.

SDS chief Paul Goodwin revealed in Record Sport last week how Rangers fans could assume control of their club within 18 months.

Goodwin believes almost £5million could be raised in a year if 20,000 supporters contributed £20-a-month.

However, fans’ spokesman Drew Roberton feels there is little comparison between the Rangers and Hearts situations and insists big obstacles would have to be overcome.

He said: “The idea is admirable given what has gone on at the club and is worth considering but to use Hearts and Dunfermline as examples is misleading.

“They were both in administration when fan takeovers were launched. As it stands Rangers aren’t up for grabs and are not for sale.

“The fans would either have to raise funny money to buy out the current owners or, if they went into administration again, be afforded preferred bidder status. There’s no guarantees in either instance.

“There has also not been any dialogue between SDS and a number of the Rangers fan groups despite suggestions to the contrary.”

But SDS remain optimistic on community ownership of Rangers and will outline their proposals on February 14 in the Louden Tavern.

I would hope Gersnet'ers stay away from personal attacks on chaps of other boards.

I would be rather suspicious about any influence either SD or any Hearts experts could excert on our support. What is fundamentally missing is a head figure nigh all Rangers supporters look at with trust, someone who all Bears, organized or not, would trust.

They had chaps from Hamburg over here last year (methinks) debating fan ownership et al, and they should try to emulate what is being done in Germany, adapt it to the Scottish scene and call in a few trusted people to oversee it, preferably no leading member of any of the supporters groups. Not sure what Jörg Albertz does these days, btw.

You won't find any personal attacks on here if I can help it but we can criticise comments/actions where necessary.

As for the chap Goodwin, I don't know him but in his SD work he simply must be a neutral professional so I'd hope and assume his influence would be related more to those virtues than any suggestion his Partick affiliations would work against us.

Moreover, we have to remember he's only one cog on what appears to be a larger wheel. I doubt the people involved would allow him to offer bad advice but the point about having someone across from Hamburg is a good one.