I've come over from FF specifically to get a bit of clarity on this. It was in short supply over there.

Implicit in what you've been saying seems to be that the RST 'brand' having too much baggage to act as a vehicle for fan share ownership. Or am I misreading it?

Otherwise I can't see why any scheme couldn't have been accommodated under the RST. And if so, why not just say it? If the RST has become so divisive that too many won't touch it then so be it but surely it would be better to just come out and say it?

I don't think that's the issue, I think that fan ownership will only be delivered by a single-purpose vehicle. The Trust continues to represent its members on the day-to-day issues, like the Club's PR man, as an example, and that's fine, but perhaps that approach won't unite enough fans behind it to be successful enough on the fan owership front? That's basically the premise of the presentation.

No bad words to be had about the Trust, as I say, I think fans should be represented on those issues too - but perhaps the two-pronged approach just isn't viable?

Due to other more personal issues Mark is taking a hard line against it. That's perfectly fine, all that's asked is that you look at what is proposed with an open mind and decide if that sounds achievable. If not, we continue as is.

Is this like an ex-RST board member retirment community then that fate has had me stumble upon?

Haha, I think I can count at least six in this thread alone; not including those I'm not aware of...

I would be interested to know if Goodwin's offers were made as an employee of SD, which would seem quite incredible or in his parallel self-employed role with his own company?

Nothing in the proposal that said he was setting up another company or using a current one to act as spokesperson. He'd be the spokesperson, end of type scenario.

Some but not all people on here seem to view RST as devalued/discredited by a series of events over the years and the fact that two of those who were in exective positions when said events occured are still in place. Others champion it as all things to all Rangers fans.

At the moment some but again not all seem to be casting doubt on the status of the BuyRangers scheme and question whether RST now has the expertise to run it within the law.

It is all about opinions and at least on here you will not get banned for taking one side or the other!

BH, I think you're somewhat cheapening peoples' opinions by painting a very black/white, pro/anti and for or against picture here.

I'm sure there are plenty of people here (myself included) who are very open minded about all of this and are certainly not taking any sides.

BH, I think you're somewhat cheapening peoples' opinions by painting a very black/white, pro/anti and for or against picture here.

I'm sure there are plenty of people here (myself included) who are very open minded about all of this and are certainly not taking any sides.

Sorry if that's how it came across.

But you're right I do tend to view lots of things (not just in football) as black or white, and not shades of grey.