I can assure people that I have not been deceitful. I have tried my best to avoid going over things, because there's really no way for it to go but become tit-for-tat.

This is a personal issue masquerading as a moral or ethical one. The guys involved did resign from the RST, but the reason they resigned had nothing to do with backstabbing or deceiving the RST. I can't really go into any more detail than that without seeming like I'm shit-stirring.

I only hope that people take their views on this from the RST stance as opposed to that of a former board member. The RST are not opposed to the meeting taking place and will be attending the meeting with the same open mind that every other fan who has been invited will be asked to do.

Thanks for that but I think you may have to be more open if you really want to put this issue to bed. I appreciate you're (correctly) trying your best to be diplomatic but unless you fill the vacuum with facts then you may simply become forever known as 'devious splinters'. But I understand this soon becomes a tit-for-tat that no-one wins.

Your final paragraph is illuminating though. I'd be interested in plgsarmy's thoughts on that...

Thanks for that but I think you may have to be more open if you really want to put this issue to bed. I appreciate you're (correctly) trying your best to be diplomatic but unless you fill the vacuum with facts then you may simply become forever known as 'devious splinters'. But I understand this soon becomes a tit-for-tat that no-one wins.

Your final paragraph is illuminating though. I'd be interested in plgsarmy's thoughts on that...

From numerous posts on FF and tweets expressing a contrary view, it's clear that many RST members, as opposed to board members, don't share this view.

Some clarification on the current RST board members' views would indeed be beneficial.

This is a personal issue masquerading as a moral or ethical one.

From the outside, it just seems like the people who are balanced, diplomatic or reasonable get disgusted and resign, and these groups are left with - extremists is not the word, but something like that, not 'middle of the road' types who might unify a support.

There has to be a reason so many voices on this board, who I think most of us would say were excellent candidates, packed things in. It can't all be personal, surely?

Frankie, if you don't mind I'd rather not comment at this stage. TWWC is a nice guy who I got to know from giving him a lift home from meetings. Having said that, he only joined the Board in October and this project had been going since May so he may not be in possession of all the facts. I will probably be going to the meeting and will see what is said.

Frankie, if you don't mind I'd rather not comment at this stage. TWWC is a nice guy who I got to know from giving him a lift home from meetings. Having said that, he only joined the Board in October and this project had been going since May so he may not be in possession of all the facts. I will probably be going to the meeting and will see what is said.

A stance I'd be happy for everyone to adopt.

The information I posted up there was communicated by two RST board members, for clarity.

I was not, and am not, suggesting the RST are supporting it - only that they will be along to listen to the presentation; which is all that's been asked of anyone.

I'm not sure the use of terms such as deceitful and even worse stuff we've seen elsewhere is fair unless you're fully aware of exactly what happened.

I'll concede that those who left perhaps could have approached this more constructively but it appears this issue is part of a larger malaise within the recent board activities of the RST. As someone who was involved in a similar split in 2008, experience tells me everything won't be as black or as white as either side may claim.

To that end, I think it's up to the rest of us to maintain an open mind on this.

I used the term deceitful because I believe that certain ex RST board members did act in that manner. I will accept that TWWC is being honest in his postings but don't believe his colleagues have fully informed him of what they have been up to. Is TWWC aware that a CIC company was registered by one of the group tasked by the RST board to look into the matter and did not report the fact to the RST board? TWWC only joined the RST board in October, this action by his colleague was before that. In any organisation this type of behaviour would be looked at as very suspicious to say the least.

So we have a RST board member(now ex) setting up a CIC company without discussing it with the board, without permission of the board, without even telling any of the RST Office bearers. That's deceitful to me.

Edited by BEARGER

Can I suggest a compromise position? Would the insiders who know what went on and what is going on agree to inform the rest of us who do not have that insight, when the appropriate situation presents itself; tell us all of the facts? If this can be told in a reasonably timely fashion, would everyone show some patience? We really do not need to, as a support, self-destruct like this.