Don't know if i am out of order saying this, but going to say it anyway. Having read the post about Barry being stripped of the captaincy and all the other posts associated with it one thing that stands out is respect. That Paul Le Guen is manager of our club and as manager he should be respected.

To me, respect is something to be earned not something to be given just because you hold a certain position within an organisation. Im my personal opinion, due to Le Guens poor man management throughout the season ( the whole McGregor/Letizi goalkeeping No1 situation, Boyd/Sebo thing, Ricksen preseason, Phil Bardsley etc ) it's no surprise that there is unrest within the dressing room. He has changed tack so often with so many of our players that I would be amazed if all that many of them respect him fully.

We don't know the full extent of what has happened yet but perhaps some of the players conveyed their disappointment to Barry and he felt obliged, in his role as club captain, to convey this to the manager. Only conjecture at this stage but perhaps Le Guen was put out by this and hence the situation our club now finds itself in.

Malky

Agreed it could be that but did Eck and Advocaat not also have trouble in the dressing room. Maybe Fergie has been playing the devils lawyer. He does seem to have the Scots boys behind him but is that the trouble is he causing cliques in the dressing room. I think you can look at this from all sides and everyone will take a different view.

Guest Bluetooth
I don't think Fergie's Dad will have a totally impartial opinion.

We are going on here as if Fergie leaving will be the death of Rangers.

It will just be the start of the new era. We have not broke that many trophy winning records with him in the team, maybe just maybe Rangers will survive the great one leaving.

lets not forget ferguson left us before

I'm a big Fergie fan, but let's just wait and see what the problem is here.

If what i'm hearing is true, that Fergie is trying to undermine the Boss,then i'm sorry but it is not up to Fergie to take this on as a challenge, he is paid by Rangers FC to play football just like the rest of them, now there's nothing wrong with showing your feelings but you have to have respect for the manager and bite the bullit even if you feel he is doing the wrong things.I hope this can be resolved without us losing Fergie, but the club will still be there when any player leaves, or manager for that matter, and all i hope for is that we can come out of this heading in the right direction, because IMO we have been sliding down the slippery slope for a few years now and PLG is just another victim of our clubs' downscaling.If you can't get it right off the park how can anybody expect it to be right on the park :sigh:

Amen!!!!

That is true whoever is right.

Pete, i am not a DM hater and i think he has gave us good times, but facts are facts, no matter how you look at it he is responsible for the situation we are in right now,i am now going to be hung out to dry for saying this,but he has had his time with Rangers,and earned a lot of �£�£�£�£ in doing so.The man could lead us out of this mess, but he no longer wants to be here, so all i'm saying is if he doesn't want to be here, why let us die ?, why not leave us on a high ?, stay if he wants' to take us further, but do something Sir David, after all he is still our chairman and he has a duty to us, the fans,wether he is wanting to be here or not, or wether the fans want him here or not, he is still here and the club is still in his hands :sigh:

Has anyone stopped to think that maybe the poor performances on the pitch this season and in previous are because of Ferguson and his differing opinions. Because of the high regards he has at the club maybe he is influencing the younger scottish players such as Hutton, Adam, Burke and Boyd.

If i remember correctly we played some of our best performances before Fergie came back from injury this season.

I was a fan of Fergie before he left for Blackburn however he has never fully been that player since he returned. He is 29 now and is not going to get any better. We could still get some decent money for him and use that to bring in someone that will tow the line.

Perhaps it's a stroke of genius by PLG. A decision that previous managers have not had the balls to make. Let's see what happens between now an the end of the season before we judge.

There is no doubting that Barry Ferguson is a class player, NO DOUBT.

However in watching that game yesterday I saw a team who had more collective fight and determination in them than we have seen this season. I also saw a team who had a higher tempo, nicer, crisper passing, at times, than we have seen this season.

I thought from middle to front we played reasonably well without Barry. The defence needs major surgery but I thought we performed decently yesterday.

There is no doubting that Barry Ferguson is a class player, NO DOUBT.

However in watching that game yesterday I saw a team who had more collective fight and determination in them than we have seen this season. I also saw a team who had a higher tempo, nicer, crisper passing, at times, than we have seen this season.

I think situations like these would forge a fighting spirit amongst the players and would not say they had greater fight and determination because Fergie wasn't playing.

I think situations like these would forge a fighting spirit amongst the players and would not say they had greater fight and determination because Fergie wasn't playing.

Possibly... but then not guaranteed, right ?

And even if so then why the need for such a drastic upturn in fight and determination ? Would that be suggesting that the players haven't been fighting the cause this season ? And should therefore also shoulder blame and responsibility for our hitherto shambolic season ?