Hullo Hullo

We are the Billy Boys

Hullo Hullo

You'll know us by our noise

We'll give anything to see our team at Ibrox or away

Coz we are the brigton derry boys

Someone want to tell me whats illegal about that?

Nothing, and there have been other versions proposed - some very good - that are not illegal. But, you are not telling me that a crowd of pissed up bears on a long trip away are going to remember to sing the new words though, surely? After years of singing the banned version, it would be damn hard to remember on a trip to, say, Munich to remember to sing the new words. Or any time with the sickening hoop hordes in sight.

Edited by SteveC

I have a feeling that we'll hear TBB sooner than later, I was at Hampden last season v Queens Park and it spontaneously erupted just as we were at the height of our fight with the SFA. There's so much anger and frustration about at the moment that a song is the least of our worries.,

I remember that. it kept erupting at Sheffield too. It sure sounded great and it was a huge struggle not to join in.

I don't think many people these days would find it acceptable to be singing about being up to our knees in anyone's blood, even if you think that "******" isn't sectarian (the literal historic definition might not be, but it's common usage absolutely is).

It would be good to reclaim that song, but I've been going to Ibrox for well over 20 years and I've never heard the original words sung. In fact I had to look them up to see what they were ("We're down to our knees to see our team, At Ibrox or away).

We shouldn't underestimate the size of the task involved, as it would require a sustained & orchestrated campaign to remove all the "add-ons" from our songbook and educate the support to the point where large elements didn't just revert to the unacceptable versions. I'd welcome that kind of initiative as part of our Club's journey back to the top and it would be an obvious contrast with what's going on at Celtic these days...

It's just not going to happen- even if there was full buy-in to getting rid of the add-ons, which there isn't, alcohol would change the attitude of many, drunk on that and the feeling of being in a crowd. The comment above about hairs standing up is correct, this was our anthem of anthems for stirring us and frightening the opponents (on and off the pitch), but I think we have lost it and if it returns, in any form, we'll get hammered for it. We cannot afford to lose money on it, and there'll come a time when we cannot afford to lose points because of our singing. When we get back to the top and are challenging, I fully expect this to become a weapon against us. Every institution is being run by them, they will do everything to stop us as the last few years have proved.

Incidentally I've been going to games since 1965/6 and that's the first time I've seen the original lyrics! They aren't very good, "down to our knees" - meh!

While I know the version Gribz has shared, it will not be the version that a) will be sung and/or b) will be understood. For that will be ...

Hello, Hello,

We are the Billy Boys!

Hello, Hello,

You'll know us by our noise!

We're up to our knees in ****** blood,

Surrender or you'll die,

For we are the Bridgeton Billy Boys!

No matter the version though, UEFA banned us from singing any incarnation of that song or face repercussions ... at least when we play games under their jurisdiction. The SPL/SFA followed suit, no better shield for the PC brigade to hide behind than the UEFA one*, and marked TBB as a sectarian** song.

The ban is out there and can be verified easily enough. Quite a few prominent fan group members have seen the letter by UEFA. I won't go into any greater detail, as it has been done to death since the ban was first imposed.

The Rangers support has dozens of great chants that could be used instead and with the "ultras" now turning up the volume, we have people who could introduce or reintroduce them to the masses. (And I don't mean a constant drone of Blue Sea of Ibrox ... as good a song this may be.)

* Which doe not stop them to do nothing when the Yahoos display and chant sectarian/discriminatory/"political" stuff, even if UEFA gave them a shield as well.

** "West of Scotland" definition, that is.

being up to the knees in anyone's blood just conjures up images of dire horror films from the sci fi channel. It is not the sort of thing that should be associated with a game of football.

What about every other set of fans in the Uk who are still allowed to sing it freely?

What about every other set of fans in the Uk who are still allowed to sing it freely?

If Killie were to play in Europe and someone complained to UEFA about their nasty version, UEFA would look into it, possibly ban it too and thus ban Killie fans from singing it when their club plays in Europe. Or the club would face fines. Each instance will be dealt with seperately ... as, like some have noted, you cannot ban a song or melodie by default. Hence, if the Yahoos air their IRAoke, hundreds of Bears/British people can mail

UEFA and complain. It worked once, but more often than not, Bears are going ballistic on fan-boards, but rarely take action themselves.

If Killie were to play in Europe and someone complained to UEFA about their nasty version, UEFA would look into it, possibly ban it too and thus ban Killie fans from singing it when their club plays in Europe. Or the club would face fines. Each instance will be dealt with seperately ... as, like some have noted, you cannot ban a song or melodie by default. Hence, if the Yahoos air their IRAoke, hundreds of Bears/British people can mail

UEFA and complain. It worked once, but more often than not, Bears are going ballistic on fan-boards, but rarely take action themselves.

If it's a Uefa matter why can't we sing it domestically either? It's not just Killie either. It's Hearts, Dundee, Sunderland, West Ham, Man Utd etc etc. They are all upto their knees in someone elses blood.

Hullo Hullo

We are the Billy Boys

Hullo Hullo

You'll know us by our noise

We'll give anything to see our team at Ibrox or away

Coz we are the brigton derry boys

Someone want to tell me whats illegal about that?

Yeps, Gribz.

It doesn't scan.

Highly illegal.

If it's a Uefa matter why can't we sing it domestically either? It's not just Killie either. It's Hearts, Dundee, Sunderland, West Ham, Man Utd etc etc. They are all upto their knees in someone elses blood.

The SFA and SPL followed UEFA and started their anti-sectarian/offensive songs stuff. That pendulum more often than not only swung in one direction though, ours. Only of late have they turned on the Yahoos and e.g. ROH. The problem is that "Fen*an" is deemed racist, discriminatory, you name it. Other teams don't use that word.

Unless someone complains to UEFA about other teams' songs, they won't investigate.