What do the Police do if anyone is singing TBB. Is it an arrestable offence? If the Police would arrest people then I would think twice about singing it.

I remember seeing a clip on U-Tube where Professor Tom Devine made the case for f****n being an offensive word, but for the life of me I can't find it. No one from our side defended against his evidence. I guess if you sang it and covered your mouth at the right time the police would have a hard time convicting you.

If the club has taken reasonable precautions 'in advising the fans on sectarian and discriminatory behaviour', we know that from Celtic's previous charges by the SFA that this is all that is required by the club, then who can charge whom with what?

What do the Police do if anyone is singing TBB. Is it an arrestable offence? If the Police would arrest people then I would think twice about singing it.

It depends which coppers are nearby and what their persuasion is, so there's always going to be an element of luck involved if people start singing that or certain other songs/chants here in Scotland these days.

Just last week at Hamilton Sheriff Court an Aberdeen fan was sentenced to 10 months in jail and a three year football banning order for shouting abuse about Neil Lennon at some Celtic fans in the street. He was actually on his way to a Motherwell v Aberdeen match at Firpark and apparently some Celtic fans were shouting abuse at him to which he responded by shouting stuff back at them about Lennon being a f****n b*****d.

That's not the first conviction that's seen jail time handed out under the new offensive behaviour at football legislation, so it's at the point now where you're always going to be taking a risk if you start belting out certain songs, whether it be at a match or on your way to or from a match in the street. All it takes is a bit of bad luck with which cops are nearby and you could end up in the slammer for what amounts to little more than a minor breach of the peace.

Scotland has gone mad pete.

It depends which coppers are nearby and what their persuasion is, so there's always going to be an element of luck involved if people start singing that or certain other songs/chants here in Scotland these days.

Just last week at Hamilton Sheriff Court an Aberdeen fan was sentenced to 10 months in jail and a three year football banning order for shouting abuse about Neil Lennon at some Celtic fans in the street. He was actually on his way to a Motherwell v Aberdeen match at Firpark and apparently some Celtic fans were shouting abuse at him to which he responded by shouting stuff back at them about Lennon being a f****n b*****d.

That's not the first conviction that's seen jail time handed out under the new offensive behaviour at football legislation, so it's at the point now where you're always going to be taking a risk if you start belting out certain songs, whether it be at a match or on your way to or from a match in the street. All it takes is a bit of bad luck with which cops are nearby and you could end up in the slammer for what amounts to little more than a minor breach of the peace.

Scotland has gone mad pete.

It would take someone with money or a legal insurance to fight the singing of it through the courts. once there has been a positive verdict it would be hard for them to prosecute again.

It would take someone with money or a legal insurance to fight the singing of it through the courts. once there has been a positive verdict it would be hard for them to prosecute again.

Again though, it's down to luck pete. There's previously been cases thrown out of court where a guy gets arrested for singing TBB or similar in the street, but if a fan gets unlucky and is arrested by a couple of timmy cops and a case goes to court and the fan gets unlucky with the religious persuasion of the Judge and Jury, then that fan could end up in deep shit no matter what previous legal precedents have been set.

I had read that quote on RM as well, but this is a statement from SDM. However, the quote from the UEFA report - "Given this social and historical context UEFA cannot demand an end to behaviour that has been tolerated for years." - belies SDM 's statement.

I contend that in his desperation to be seen to be doing something he slanted his interpretation of what UEFA had sent him to include this song being banned when it did not have to be. Only the add-ons were sectarian in nature. He sacrificed the fans favourite anthem to appease the bheasts. Perhaps he thought it politically expedient to do so.

The problem will always be, can we teach our support not to use the old text if we use a new text. We did it with turning the famine song into the pioneer song.

The problem will always be, can we teach our support not to use the old text if we use a new text. We did it with turning the famine song into the pioneer song.

Partly right Pete.

My suspicion is that we also have a media that is only too happy to leap down upon us for any perceived transgression. If I remember correctly, the corduroy cowboy was pretty instrumental in the campaign to rid the world of the dreaded TBB. Added to that, we face an army of keyboard warriors who are only too happy to write letters, blog or generally exert hateful pressure in a desire to see us harmed and ultimately killed off.

So, I think we need to learn some nifty new dance steps.

Partly right Pete.

My suspicion is that we also have a media that is only too happy to leap down upon us for any perceived transgression. If I remember correctly, the corduroy cowboy was pretty instrumental in the campaign to rid the world of the dreaded TBB. Added to that, we face an army of keyboard warriors who are only too happy to write letters, blog or generally exert hateful pressure in a desire to see us harmed and ultimately killed off.

So, I think we need to learn some nifty new dance steps.

I agree totally with you, but the thing is I think many Rangers supporters won't have any problem dropping the "up to the knees in F***** blood. I know I won't. We do have to have a line with as much punch though. That is the big part a line with a lot of punch without sounding sectarian.

I agree totally with you, but the thing is I think many Rangers supporters won't have any problem dropping the "up to the knees in F***** blood. I know I won't. We do have to have a line with as much punch though. That is the big part a line with a lot of punch without sounding sectarian.

Our problem though is that there is so much scrutiny that even a scent, or a perceived scent of the "offensive" lyrics will create a furore.

It's a stirring song - even more so the verse, which we've never done.

You never know. If we concentrate on fancy dancing elsewhere, it might lead to a new version of its own accord.

The last thing we need is a pukey watered down version.

The song needs to shout that confidence and bravado.