Update on poll result

Is this email not displaying correctly?

View it in your browser.

Rangers Supporters Association, Assembly & Trust Statement

The Rangers Supporters Association, Assembly and Trust have contacted the CEO Graham Wallace to ask for clarification on the proposed loan by directors and/or selected shareholders.

It is of great concern that at the club's AGM in December 2013 Graham advised there was sufficient cash in the business for the club to be able to continue to trade in the short to medium term yet two months later we require a loan for working capital. We would also like assurances that the club have explored all options for attracting fresh investment and this is the best deal available to the club.

On the day that the club launched a survey on listening to fans they have ignored shareholding fans overwhelming opposition to resolutions 9 & 10 at the club AGM. Resolution 9 seems to be being used to increase the influence of certain shareholders without affording the same option to others, which is an affront to shareholder democracy and rights.

Friend on Facebook

Follow on Twitter

Forward to a Friend

follow on Twitter | friend on Facebook | forward to a friend

Copyright © 2014 The Rangers Supporters Trust, All rights reserved.

You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website and you are currently a Rangers Supporters Trust Member or Follower

Our mailing address is:

The Rangers Supporters Trust

RST / BuyRangers Administration

Clydebank

Glasgow, Scotland g80

United Kingdom

Add us to your address book

unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences

Is it not a fact all businesses need to borrow at some point ? Why would Rangers be so different?

In days gone by we borrowed from Ticketus unless I'm mistaken.

My only comment is that £1.5m seems a relatively small amount does it not?

Is it not a fact all businesses need to borrow at some point ? Why would Rangers be so different?

Not two months after saying this:

"In the short-to-medium term there is sufficient cash within the club in order for it to continue trading on a normal basis."

We're borrowing money just to keep afloat. I'm not sure how many times we have to financially collapse before the penny drops.

Most legit businesses also search for the best possible deal on any loans if working capital is required. I think it's safe to assume that this wasn't the best deal for the benefit of the club. I think that's why many are annoyed at it. That's before you even start on the reasons that we actually need this 'loan'.

It's a good statement from the RST. Would be nice to see more like it.

Most legit businesses also search for the best possible deal on any loans if working capital is required. I think it's safe to assume that this wasn't the best deal for the benefit of the club. I think that's why many are annoyed at it. That's before you even start on the reasons that we actually need this 'loan'.

It's a good statement from the RST. Would be nice to see more like it.

Money for future shares sounds very fishy as well, and it probably doesn't tell half the story.

In days gone by we had a hell of a lot more money coming into almost every aspect of the business from tickets right through to merchandising and sponsorship, so borrowing wasn't as big an issue as it is at the moment.

We don't yet know how much that £1.5m could end up costing the Club in total.

We also don't know if the previously arranged £2.5m loan facility has been (or will be) used or not.

Not two months after saying this:

"In the short-to-medium term there is sufficient cash within the club in order for it to continue trading on a normal basis."

Fully agree. I got concerned when the players got asked to consider a wage cut.

My point is though that virtually all businesses do borrow. I don't think we should be getting over concerned at this stage.

Let's see where we are after the '120 day business review'. I'll wait til then before I make a full judgement on our CEO