Third Meeting of Rangers Commmunity Interest Company Working Group (RangersFirst)

Hmmm. I'm uncomfortable with that concept. My example was an extreme example, but let's say someone sticks in £50 for a couple of years and then stops and someone starts and pays in £5 for one month. the latter can be a decision maker/voter but the former is not and ceases to have any say just because they stop paying in.

BD, I understand your point but this is fine detail that has not yet been discussed and I just gave a personal opinion as a possible example.

I should have made it clear that, as you mentioned £10,000, I was referring to large lump sums (and please don't ask me to define large).

There will have to be a qualifying period, this was mentioned but no firm decision taken.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
clear as well as clean!

Can I please ask for a short period of patience till the notes of the 2nd and 3rd meetings are online.

I do not want to be in a position of giving incorrect or incomplete answers or trying to answer questions on detail that has not yet been discussed or agreed.

Thanks.

Brahim I app obis if I have the impression I was questioning your professional integrity , I was not . However I still cannot get my head around a concept where , I say invested £50 a month , £600 a year for say 5 years then stopped , but your saying my £3000 would disappear , that cannot be right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I please ask for a short period of patience till the notes of the 2nd and 3rd meetings are online.

I do not want to be in a position of giving incorrect or incomplete answers or trying to answer questions on detail that has not yet been discussed or agreed.

Thanks.

Sorry just saw this after posting my last , also apologies for the spelling , bloody iPhone lol

Brahim I app obis if I have the impression I was questioning your professional integrity , I was not . However I still cannot get my head around a concept where , I say invested £50 a month , £600 a year for say 5 years then stopped , but your saying my £3000 would disappear , that cannot be right.

Thanks, if you think back to certain history not too many years ago, you will know that apart from being extremely pedantic about a lot of things, I am a man of principle (whether you agree with my principles is of course another matter).

Your money wouldn't "disappear"; it would have been invested in shares or some other project which would benefit the club in exchange for fan influence and transparency (the point being once you have a certain level of shares you do not necessarily need or want to buy more). So you would have contributed to that. It is just that it is in the nature of the scheme as proposed that if you don't pay the minimum monthly contribution you would lose your right to vote.

This is no different from any other membership organisation, dare I say it, including the RST; if you don't pay your annual sub you lose your membership and your right to vote.

Sorry just saw this after posting my last , also apologies for the spelling , bloody iPhone lol

You're OK, sir; I often do that myself, answer something then see a later relevant post.

I have done my best to answer anyway.

But please be patient for a little while longer.

i would love to know how you plan to get fan influence and transparency by buying shares. especially given requisitioners with 30% of our shares could get neither.

They failed to dislodge existing directors or have themselves voted into office; not exactly the same thing. They were in antagonistic position with the existing board; it would be hoped that a fans group with a significant shareholding would be in a different dialogue and different position with the board. RST has achieved that to a certain extent with less than 1% of the shares; think where a group with even 5% might be.

They failed to dislodge existing directors or have themselves voted into office; not exactly the same thing. They were in antagonistic position with the existing board; it would be hoped that a fans group with a significant shareholding would be in a different dialogue and different position with the board. RST has achieved that to a certain extent with less than 1% of the shares; think where a group with even 5% might be.

thats pretty optimistic. me i think your kidding yourself if you think you will be allowed and influence or any real clarity by the spivs.

but good luck it's worth a try.

thats pretty optimistic. me i think your kidding yourself if you think you will be allowed and influence or any real clarity by the spivs.

but good luck it's worth a try.

ALMOST agreeing with me again GS, FFS can't have this!

But let's say we reached 5%, comfortably under £1,000,000 at today's share price (I think that's within the bounds of reasonable possibility, don't you?) you then have the right to call an EGM and have your motion circulated. If you were the Board wouldn't you rather discuss with the CIC first especially if we had funds for a new pitch at Auchenhowie or something like that?

Anyway, I did ask folks for a little patience; so I need to try to take my own advice.