The 4th Meeting of the Rangers CIC Working Party was held at the Louden tavern on Monday night.

As previously reported, the Limited Company has been incorporated and will be converted to a CIC by Glasgow Solicitor, James Blair, who will become the first director.

Draft Articles of Association (incorporating changes from the model suggested by me and RA) should be up on the web site imminently, for comment.

As well as the minimum £5 per month donation (suggested donation £18.72), there will be a facility to become a Life Member of "Club 1872" by making a one off payment of £500. This can be paid in whole or in part by transferring shares (at current price) to the CIC.

Donations can now be accepted and the money will be held by Gocardless until such time as the CIC bank account is established in the next few days. For information on how to contribute please email will@rangersfirst.org or admin@rangersfirst.org.

The full Minutes will be published asap on the web site.

What a coincidence. James Blair, the solicitor who was going to be acting for the RST CIC. Club 1872, which was going to be its name. When was this life membership scheme voted for? It was presented as a fait accompli last night. Taking money from people when there is no bank account or agreed constitution surely can't be right.

What a coincidence. James Blair, the solicitor who was going to be acting for the RST CIC. Club 1872, which was going to be its name. When was this life membership scheme voted for? It was presented as a fait accompli last night. Taking money from people when there is no bank account or agreed constitution surely can't be right.

This whole affair stinks, I'm out.

Not for the first time recently, Christine, you and I find ourselves on the same page or at least half of the same page.

I don't know Mr Blair or anything about the RST CIC but it is possible that his "appointment" and the use of the name Club 1872 may have been an attempt to reconcile any differences with the RST rather than an attempt to antagonise, which would obviously not be in anyone's interests.

That said, I am not in the least bit comfortable with the way that certain matters were indeed presented more or less as a fait accompli last night. One of the questions I raised was dismissed with the retort, well I/we didn't think there would be any objection. The implication is that cetain decisions have been taken by people behind the scenes who have neither been elected nor mandated; nor could anyone have been elected because, as you say the group (as disctinct from the CIC) has not been constituted.

It is possible to overlook what some might see as certain niceties in the interests of expediency, but these matters need to be regularised urgently.

I have made my concerns known over the past week and will continue to do my best to push these compliance issues to the front of the agenda.

It was voted for last night - you were there?

Only people that comfortable with it will give over their money. We are confident in the scheme (and the people who are involved). We as a family have taken up 3 memberships at £18.72 and we have indicated that we are going to donate all but of our shares bought at the IPO for £1000 and we will take up 2 (possibly 3) of the life memberships for Club 1872.

The way I see it is: If you don't like it don't buy in. I trust Rangers First

It was voted for last night - you were there?

Only people that comfortable with it will give over their money. We are confident in the scheme (and the people who are involved). We as a family have taken up 3 memberships at £18.72 and we have indicated that we are going to donate all but of our shares bought at the IPO for £1000 and we will take up 2 (possibly 3) of the life memberships for Club 1872.

The way I see it is: If you don't like it don't buy in. I trust Rangers First

I don't recall any vote last night Greg. Perhaps it happened when I was out for a cigarette. All I remember is being told it was happening.

This whole affair stinks, I'm out.

That's something of an overreaction, unless you know more than has been posted on this thread (which is all I know).

I don't recall any vote last night Greg. Perhaps it happened when I was out for a cigarette. All I remember is being told it was happening.

That'll learn you to quit smoking!