I don't recall any vote last night Greg. Perhaps it happened when I was out for a cigarette. All I remember is being told it was happening.

The way I see it is the point was raised and no one objected, same as we have for other points - If you remember the name Rangers Coop was suggested and we decided against it as a group and chose Rangers First unanimously. If you had any concerns you should have raised it last night imo Thats what we are all there for - talk it out and come up with what we think is best. We are only there to help the club in the long term.

infact, Club 1872 was well received - 16 people have signed up for it already last night. Its not bad in a meeting with 54 people.

I think everyone just needs to calm down , if this scheme isnt for you then there's the buyrangers one , the in fighting needs to stop now

As long as you do something to help put the club first then thats great. I will say I have heard nothing negative from any of the Rangers First lads and girls about any other fans groups or their schemes. Choose what you think is right for you

I joined the buyrangers scheme last week , previously I invested in the gerssave scheme , and I also intend putting money into rangersfirst , I was pretty sceptical but then I saw the £500 life time option which calmed my nerves somewhat , we need to get together , this apathy which has enveloped us has to be shrugged off somehow , for me its a massive well done to everyone behind both schemes , here's to the Rangers onwards and upwards and on to 55 and beyond

It was voted for last night - you were there?

Only people that comfortable with it will give over their money. We are confident in the scheme (and the people who are involved). We as a family have taken up 3 memberships at £18.72 and we have indicated that we are going to donate all but of our shares bought at the IPO for £1000 and we will take up 2 (possibly 3) of the life memberships for Club 1872.

The way I see it is: If you don't like it don't buy in. I trust Rangers First

There were no votes taken on any issues last night when I was in the room and I did not go out for any reason whilst the meeting was in progress.

That said I see no reason to distrust any of those involved.

I also have little doubt that RF will very quickly overtake the BR in terms of monthly contributors (under 200?) and that whilst everyone is entitled to make their own choice or no choice the whole (BRF?) would be worth far more than the sum of the parts.

In any event, as was suggested last night, the RST/BR will soon have to consider whether they shouldn't transfer their holdings to the CIC for the greater good.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

The way I see it is the point was raised and no one objected, same as we have for other points - If you remember the name Rangers Coop was suggested and we decided against it as a group and chose Rangers First unanimously. .

Sorry to be pedantic, it's just the way I am; but there was never any suggestion that the CIC be named Rangers Coop. At the second meeting, the domain http://www.rangers.coop was proposed as it had been registered by SD. The name Rangersfirst.org was then offered by the gentleman who owned it and that was adopted.

16 people taking £500 life memberships on the night is an incredible start and shows the potential that exists.

In any event, as was suggested last night, the RST/BR will soon have to consder whether they shouldn't transfer their holdings to the CIC for the greater good.

Who suggested that nonsense?

I don't even see the point in discussing that as it's only likely to inflame the situation even further and I'd imagine that many BuyRangers contributors would be completely opposed to the notion.

The BuyRangers and RangersFirst fan ownership vehicles can easily run in parallel and we've already seen evidence to suggest that the competition is healthy.

The two groups should be able to work together for the greater good simply by proxy voting, but the notion of the RST transferring it's BuyRangers holdings in the company to the CIC is absolutely ludicrous.

Who suggested that nonsense?

I don't even see the point in discussing that as it's only likely to inflame the situation even further and I'd imagine that many BuyRangers contributors would be completely opposed to the notion.

The BuyRangers and RangersFirst fan ownership vehicles can easily run in parallel and we've already seen evidence to suggest that the competition is healthy.

The two groups should be able to work together for the greater good simply by proxy voting, but the notion of the RST transferring it's BuyRangers holdings in the company to the CIC is absolutely ludicrous.

The suggestion was made from behind where I was sitting and wasn't debated.

There are issues with proxy voting; I don't know the technicalities.

I don't think it's a ludicrous suggestion; there's strength in numbers.

The suggestion was made from behind where I was sitting and wasn't debated.

I'm not surprised that it wasn't debated because the suggestion is about as useful as chocolate oven gloves. Probably said as a smart-ass tongue-in-cheek quip, but ultimately neither funny or helpful.

There are issues with proxy voting; I don't know the technicalities.

Tisk tisk!

I don't think it's a ludicrous suggestion; there's strength in numbers.

Suggesting something seriously which has absolutely zero chance of happening is definitely ludicrous, especially when suggesting it in the first place was probably intended to be ludicrous.

There were no votes taken on any issues last night when I was in the room and I did not go out for any reason whilst the meeting was in progress.

That said I see no reason to distrust any of those involved.

I also have little doubt that RF will very quickly overtake the BR in terms of monthly contributors (under 200?) and that whilst everyone is entitled to make their own choice or no choice the whole (BRF?) would be worth far more than the sum of the parts.

In any event, as was suggested last night, the RST/BR will soon have to consider whether they shouldn't transfer their holdings to the CIC for the greater good.

It's all coming out bit by bit. As I said earlier this whole thing stinks.