Could be some RST members genuinely believe that others have behaved in a underhand manner. Its not like they are attacking other fans because their partners are RC's or smearing the guys who run the Founders Trail is it?

So thats Rangers First and now VB smeared by you - why not go for a treble ?

Is that really what you are all about ?

Particularly sad.

So thats Rangers First and now VB smeared by you - why not go for a treble ?

Is that really what you are all about ?

Particularly sad.

I'm sure there are many decent people who are now involved with the RangersFirst CIC scheme. I still have reservations about those who I believe were not upfront and truthful while members of the RST board, I did not smear them they did that themselves. I will not be joining RF as it's my opinion that we should be raising money to buy shares only.

You say I smeared VB, I never mentioned them in my post. Funny that you acknowledged their disgusting behaviour, if the cap fits.

Could be some RST members genuinely believe that others have behaved in a underhand manner. Its not like they are attacking other fans because their partners are RC's or smearing the guys who run the Founders Trail is it?

They may believe it but it doesn't make it true and it doesn't justify their actions imo - though to be fair the RST board have not said anything against Rangers First.

I joined the RST in Autumn last year - I am in Rangers First. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I was a shareholder in oldco for as long as I can remember. It was difficult not to buy ipo shares, even after realising early on what Greenco were about.

I look forward to once again being a shareholder in our club when DK facilitates change.

And this thread, if nothing else, has shown it is much better to be a fan owning shares than subscribing to RF or BR. Pathetic stuff.

I was a shareholder in oldco for as long as I can remember. It was difficult not to buy ipo shares, even after realising early on what Greenco were about.

I look forward to once again being a shareholder in our club when DK facilitates change.

And this thread, if nothing else, has shown it is much better to be a fan owning shares than subscribing to RF or BR. Pathetic stuff.

You can still buy your own shares independently , theres nothing to stop you , I have my own as well post IPO , but this is about something bigger and possibly better than self interest , if you cant see that then no worries you stay as you are

Edited by Frankie

I disagree entirely - there is no point in buying shares personally other than vanity at this stage - If there is a new public share offering then that would be of course a different scenario.

The power in shares only lies in being as a collective IMO

So was I, and I had a respectable amount of oldco shares, but I would much rather be part of BuyRangers than be an individual shareholder again.

Several thousand Rangers fans, who mostly don't know each other, have invested in Rangers as one.

In the oldco, there were about 26,000 shareholders at one point, but one of them had clout and the other 25,999 had none.

We need people bonding together to make our way against hedge funds and the like. BuyRangers has shown the way. You can be part of it or remain as we both used to be in the oldco. The choice is yours.

For me, there's no going back. I'm investing mob-handed from now on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I disagree entirely - there is no point in buying shares personally other than vanity at this stage - If there is a new public share offering then that would be of course a different scenario.

The power in shares only lies in being as a collective IMO

Whilst it is obvious that a group of shareholders have more power than an individual; I cannot agree with your first statement. Like DT I was a shareholder in oldco for about 20 years, it gave me the power to attend the AGM and harass Mr Bain and the rest of the Board, which I did on a regular basis.

If there is no new share issue (though I concede that that is unlikely) then buying existing shares in your own right is the only way to have a direct say. If there is then a new share issue then you can buy whatever number is required to maintain the value of your holding. Therefore as with RF, I would suggest that anyone who decides to buy shares now, only invests a half or a third even of what they can afford and holds the rest back until the picture becomes a bit clearer (most likely after the "120 days").

To suggest that it is vain to want to own shares in your own right ahead of a possible new issue does not advance your argument IMO.

Those who wish to be part of a collective shareholding now have two routes to choose from.

However, I do think that in terms of maintaining a percentage holding RF are better placed as a new scheme because it can chose when and how much to invest. That's just a fact it's not point scoring. If my calculations are correct, even if new shares are offered at 20p (increasingly unlikely as the share price continues to tick up) BR will have to find at least £110,000 to maintain their current 0.86% holding.

Brahim , you just disagreed with WATp-greg then spent the remainder of your post making the same point he did lol

Yes, I realise that thanks but my point was that it is not vain to want to buy shares now; and it is not an either/or (buy now or later) if you want to own shares in your own right; you can do both.