Kieran Prior has thrown his weight behind Dave King

Guest gisabeer2

kieran prior has the ear of our faceless investors and that can only be a good thing. he doesnt have to convince all of them to back king, just enough to get the majority.

i have to say i like the way this is starting to pan out. theres a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel albeit very faint but something inside me says that this just might be the beginning of the end of our misery. Cant believe its 14 years since our huge debts were revealed and our troubles began.

a sensible investor will see the value in king using his cash to get us back to the top. even though it will mean less shares for them. or less share of the total pot actually.

it's only those who are making their money from outright theft that will oppose this.

You could well be right GS. The investor group might not care all that much about the welfare of Rangers but it is likely that they will have a concern over the capabilities of those currently in leadership positions and to protect their interests will be prepared to back moves that will lead to changes.

You could well be right GS. The investor group might not care all that much about the welfare of Rangers but it is likely that they will have a concern over the capabilities of those currently in leadership positions and to protect their interests will be prepared to back moves that will lead to changes.

its simpler than that. the share price will only recover when we are in the cl.

we all know this board wont deliver any spl wins never mind the cl. they will to.

I would assume once they all start talking with one another rather than about one another, it might come to a quicker change than we all expected. I do reckon that a few of the institutional investors will look for / demand a certain guarantee should a new share issue happen by (i.e. not diluting their sharehold too much), but can be dealt with. Once King talks to the people who put the current board in place ... and talks to the board chaps himself, things will become much clearer. So far, it all reeks of pre-election party-politics ... with the voters (i.e. us) left guessing.

As for Prior ... isn't it the case that he, as a minor-major shareholder can demand access to the books and see where money goes. Where his money goes. What the state of affairs is? Did he not get transparency when he first bought shares et al?

i don't think so no. no one will get to look at the books from the outside.

His strategy of talking to the institutions looks to be paying dividends already, but he can't afford to rest on his laurels here. I hope he's learned from the mistakes of the Requisitioners, that momentum is paramount, show the institutions the colour of his money backed up by the Supporters fund, then go for the boards throat. Make them an financial offer they can't refuse as the carrot, followed by the threat of the big stick of an supporters backlash in the form of withholding season ticket money. Together we can win this battle imo.