Don't hold your breath, mate.

Not with this bunch we have.

They're more interested in briefing against us.

And yet they have willing supporters throughout our fan-base, if forums, including this one, are any reflection at all of that. They have that dimmest of the dim, DJ cheerleading them in the media...they must be thanking their lucky stars to have found such easy prey, a victim that offers little resistance and even some aid to them.

I hate to say it but there's a support in Glasgow that would never have allowed what has been done/is being done to us to have happened at their club.

Is this a sustainable way for Scottish football to exist.

By that, I mean being built on a platform of mutual hatred.

No, not really -but that is so much the over-riding emotion that it's pretty much all that is left

No, not really -but that is so much the over-riding emotion that it's pretty much all that is left

I can't help but feel a little saddened by it all.

By the hacks who feed on it believing that they're big-time intellectual journalists.

By those within the game who feed on it to bolster ticket sales and their own self-aggrandizement.

And by those who have spun it as a mirage to fleece us.

I just believe that there should be a better world out there trying to escape from within the present one.

I share your pessimism: a Cup Final is on, and tbh, I'll be watching the F1 highlights.

Last night I sat in front of the TV, switching occasionally between Bayern v Bayer and Ross Co v St Johnstone. Bit of a stark contrast: no grass on the pitch, no fans in the ground, no skill in the players and at one point, not even enough air in the ball. It's so sad that what was a national obsession is fast approaching minority interest status, but there's no-one to blame but ourselves, the fans.

If them as want to jump through hoops at this afternoon's game want to, that's their business. I don't see any way back for Scots football in the future - and seeing how Scots rugby is doing after it, too, shot itself in both feet about 10-15 years ago, it's a grim future ahead.

Andy, it may very well be that you're right, and we're watching the twilight years - or the death spasms - depending on how much of a pessimist we want to be.

I'm not sure that it's only the fans to blame. However, in recent times, they do seem to have played a large part in being preoccupied in hateful politics as opposed to the attractions of the game itself. I assume that a sizeable part of the online community - who are the noisy ones - are young, and as such, we have probably bypassed a couple of generations of wisdom and experience, leaving it all to the angry young men.

The hacks can't be left out of this though. We have engendered a shoal of self interested parasites whose knowledge of the game borders on a seven year old's, the common motivator being what is perceived as popularism (currently anti-Rangers) with a large twist of provocation that rekindles that popularism for their media outlet. My fear is that their behaviour is more akin to self cannibalism.

With a total dearth of visionaries at the top level of the game, and dare I say only closeted self interest or gross incompetence to separate the factions, Scottish football has no longer any leaders.

So yes, let's pull up a chair and watch it spasm while it's lifeblood drains away into its grassless muddy pitches.

The future doesn't have to be grim but people need to stop hating our game to death. And by hating our game, i don't mean the actual game itself, just the hatred within the game aimed at one club. People need to accept we are here to stay, dying was never on the cards.

It's so sad that what was a national obsession is fast approaching minority interest status, but there's no-one to blame but ourselves, the fans.

That's an, ehhm, interesting take on it, Andy. Could I bother you to maybe expand on that? How are we to blame for the state of the game?

That's an, ehhm, interesting take on it, Andy. Could I bother you to maybe expand on that? How are we to blame for the state of the game?

Not really, I don't even recall typing it. Probably more of a dig at haters than us but ach, I don't know. I'll change it to them as run/have run the game for the last 20 years, then.