I'd love him to underwrite a tranche of shares for the supporters, to be repaid from BuyRangers / RangersFirst subscriptions over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In principle, that sounds very sensible and exactly what McColl propsed to do in 2010 but dropped out when SDM leaked the RST plan to the press.

However, if I was him, given that BR only have a couple of hundred monthly DD's at the last count (still waiting for plg to come up with the real number) I wouldn't bet on getting even half my money back any time in the next 200 years. In fact if I understand it correctly the BR scheme MUST buy shares, so it would need to be something quite different.

Something like RF for example which has the flexibility to invest in other ways.

You think, honestly?

They will invest in a Scottish Football team!!

Undoubtedly.

They - such as Laxey, Artemis and River & Mercantile already did and they will do so again to average down their cost and maintain the weighting of their holdings. IF they like the plan.

In principle, that sounds very sensible and exactly what McColl propsed to do in 2010 but dropped out when SDM leaked the RST plan to the press.

However, if I was him, given that BR only have a couple of hundred monthly DD's at the last count (still waiting for plg to come up with the real number) I wouldn't bet on getting even half my money back any time in the next 200 years. In fact if I understand it correctly the BR scheme MUST buy shares, so it would need to be something quite different.

Something like RF for example which has the flexibility to invest in other ways.

But the publicity which would accompany any such arrangement with DK would be a game changer and hugely increase the profile of both BR and RF.

As for your point re BR's requirement to buy shares, DK could simply buy them and give BR his proxy until they had sufficient funds to purchase an initial amount outright, with more to follow each year.

Given the right publicity, I'd have thought £1m pa from BR & RF was realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please avoid such abuse - Frankie

Edited by Frankie

The Union of Fans and it's representatives would like to take this opportunity in wholeheartedly thanking the many volunteers who helped distribute the Blue Cards for today's display in support of new investment from Dave King.

We would also like to thank the overwhelming majority of the support who took the decision to participate and show their support in the display. (To the naked eye well over 80% of those in attendance).

In the main the cards were very well received and even those of dissenting voices were civil in either not taking cards or as is their right, not participating in the display.

Once again your support & participation is very much appreciated.

Union of Fans