Basically, they've called his bluff and he's making the best he can of it.

I think King got what he was after to be honest. A public assurance that they have a plan in place for major investment, and that our main assets wouldn't be used against any future loans. I think the season ticket thing was only a means to an end, it was never going to be workable. Even King realises that the current mob have the power sewn up, so he has to play a different game with them.

My reading is that he's deliberately emphasising the Board's own statement on having no plans to use MP and Ibrox as collateral, to make that option even more toxic in future and force them down the new equity route.

The tone also suggests to me that he's prepared to work with them in future if they'll take his money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems to me he's saying that the board have said they are going to do certain things that he thinks they should be doing but lately it hasn't looked like it.

By doing so publicly, they have put their reputation on the line, so you need to give them the time to it especially as it's not a long time and season ticket renewal is afterwards.

If they don't don't what they say they will or start fudging it, then we will know we've been lied to, that we can't trust them, and as a result he will rally us to act upon that ie boycott season ticket renewals.

Basically, they've called his bluff and he's making the best he can of it.

That's interesting, why do you read it that way? He's now got a month to sort out how to create the season ticket trust mechanism. If the big reveal from Wallace at the end of the 120 days proves to be a damp squib then the pressure is all back on the board. If Wallace reveals a search for new funding via a share offer then King is ideally placed to take that up.

King is playing his hand very well here, he's not spent a penny yet, the club are running out of options and nothing can really change between now and mid-April anyway. Whatever the 120 day review brings it can't involve Ibrox or Murray Park being sold/leased which was always a possibility and it can't involve decimating the playing budget or else the whole 'competing with Celtic and in Europe' is also seen to be nonsense.

Got to say I think King is playing this pretty well.

Seems to me he's saying that the board have said they are going to do certain things that he thinks they should be doing but lately it hasn't looked like it.

By doing so publicly, they have put their reputation on the line, so you need to give them the time to it especially as it's not a long time and season ticket renewal is afterwards.

If they don't don't what they say they will or start fudging it, then we will know we've been lied to, that we can't trust them, and as a result he will rally us to act upon that ie boycott season ticket renewals.

I'm not sure that they are going to do or not do anything that they hadn't already planned but I'm sure your right that part of this is holding them to account.

That's interesting, why do you read it that way? He's now got a month to sort out how to create the season ticket trust mechanism. If the big reveal from Wallace at the end of the 120 days proves to be a damp squib then the pressure is all back on the board. If Wallace reveals a search for new funding via a share offer then King is ideally placed to take that up.

King is playing his hand very well here, he's not spent a penny yet, the club are running out of options and nothing can really change between now and mid-April anyway. Whatever the 120 day review brings it can't involve Ibrox or Murray Park being sold/leased which was always a possibility and it can't involve decimating the playing budget or else the whole 'competing with Celtic and in Europe' is also seen to be nonsense.

Got to say I think King is playing this pretty well.

Apart from a public statement (which I accept is valuable) I don't think he achieved anything tangible and he got a big knock back on the major plank of his/SoS/UoF scheme, "securing Ibrox for generations" etc against the ST money. I don't see any incentive for folks to do that now. The board will simply say that unless you pay your ST money on our normal terms you will have to buy a match ticket like anyone else i.e. you lost your seat. Game over, I think.