If all the disgruntled fans don't go back, there will be no company. Even if you treat fans as customers, they have to keep them onside as you are nothing without them. Many companies have either bowed to customer pressure for their wants for how the company is governed, or gone under. At the moment, ethical pressures can be huge.

Telling your customers that if they don't like it, they can piss off is naive in the extreme.

Looks like a bit of a regrouping.

Quite a naive take on things.

The history of football is littered with boards, chairmen and managers who didn't believe they needed to listen to fans.

I find it nigh on impossible to look on Merlin as a fellow fan. There's nothing in that piece that hints that he is.

Looks like a bit of a regrouping.

Quite a naive take on things.

The history of football is littered with boards, chairmen and managers who didn't believe they needed to listen to fans.

I find it nigh on impossible to look on Merlin as a fellow fan. There's nothing in that piece that hints that he is.

Bill's going to lose what little support he has with that piece.

I doubt there's a single football fan that would read what he's written and think, "Yes! The relationship I have with my club is the same as the one I have with my supermarket or favourite brewery." It's so completely wrong, it's not even worth debating.

No idea where this "The Kilty" character has been for the past month while the Rangers support has been discussing the fact that the people running the Club are taking us into debt.

Many forget with all the transparency gurgling and ****s out pish that these men on the board have ensured we are debt free.

With high interest credit facilities secured on Club assets so that the Club can survive till the season ticket cash starts arriving? :rolleyes:

Merlin is a confidence trickster who preys on the weak. Why anyone would care what he has to say about rangers is beyond me.

It wasn't really written by him though, it was apparently written by "The Kilty".

Head-in-Sporran Loyal? :D

Had to laugh at the Tesco analogy.

Remember last October when they produced a Halloween costume based on a mental patient? They and Asda were criticised by a mental health charity and within hours those products had been removed from the shelves and the charity was offered a significant donation.

Now, that was the power exercised by one single pressure group, representing a fraction of the total customer base.

Imagine how quick they'd act if 80% of their Clubcard customers demanded to know how much the company spent with an unethical supplier, or demanded stricter animal husbandry, or the removal of lads mags from the magazine racks. Do you think they'd say "but you're not shareholders"?

Whoever wrote that is well past their sell-by date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk