On the eve of his 1000th game Alan Smith picked his best Wenger XI excluding players that were at Arsenal before he arrived - meaning likes of Seaman, Adams , Parlour and Bergkamp cant be picked.

He went:

_____________________Lehmann_____________________

Sagna_________Campbell____Koscielny_______Cole

Walcott_______Vieira_____Fabregas_________Pires

_________________Henry____Van Persie________

Im going:

___________________Szecezny_____________________

Lauren_______Campbell____Toure_________Cole

Walcott_____Vieira_______Fabregas______Pires

________________Ljungberg___________________

_______________________Henry________________

RVP was a one season wonder while Ljungberg was class for years. And Walcott has offered more than RVP also so gets in the team.

Hard to leave out Anelka and Overmars but Pires gave that bit extra on the left and Ljungberg has to make it.

Fair play to him getting 1000 games, he was wonderful for the English game in his first 10 years but others have caught up due to money. Hopefully he pulls off a huge victory tomorrow winning at Chelsea, its about time he beat Jose.

Martin Keowns team allowing players who were there before Wenger:

______________________Seaman__________________

Dixon_________Adams______Campbell_____Cole

Pires________Vieira__________Petit______Overmars

_______________Henry_____Bergkamp____________

Id go:

______________________Seaman__________________

Dixon_________Adams______Campbell____Winterburn

Ljungberg________Vieira__________Fabregas______Pires

Ljunberg was a wide player, not a deep lying forward or classic number 10. Van Persie was also much better.

Also, not sure how anyone could call Van Persie a 1 season wonder. He was a pretty consistent performer and got 20 or more goals in a season on 3 occasions. Would have been interesting to see him play as a striker earlier in his career.

I never thought Ian Wright was that outstanding but I'm probably just basing it on his later years. I was young when he was in his prime, his goal record then was great though, regularly hitting 25-30 + a season.

There could perhaps be an argument the premiership was weaker in the early to mid 90's.

I never thought Ian Wright was that outstanding but I'm probably just basing it on his later years. I was young when he was in his prime, his goal record then was great though, regularly hitting 25-30 + a season.

There could perhaps be an argument the premiership was weaker in the early to mid 90's.

It absolutely was, we were the UKs number 1 back then. Sky TV changed everything.

Ian Wright was there for about 2 seasons under Wenger is I thought was a cracking striker.

Selmy - Ljungburg could easily play off the front man, he used to drift inside and land in those positions for half his goals.

Wiltord and Kanu - 2 more excellent strikers.

I'd have:_

___________________Seaman__________________

Dixon_________Adams______Campbell_____Winterburn

Pires________Vieira__________Petit______Overmars

I wouldn't mind Denis Compton wide on the left.