Can we add a caveat? Anyone attached in any way to the "9 in a Row old boys club" need not apply.... Let's show some friggin vision for once

Yes, we most certainly can.

We need to leave this era where it belongs - in the past.

You don't rate Malky BD? I think he is a fantastic football manager. He has already said he has no interest in managing Celtic, he never mentioned Rangers. He also went out of his way to tell people he was not Celtic minded.

protestant rangers fan from baillieston iirc.

protestant rangers fan from baillieston iirc.

Possibly, he claims his dad was an school Queens Park supporter but maybe because he didn't want to be judged as a Rangers supporter early in his managerial career. When he was distancing himself from the Celtic job i just got a strange feeling he was one of us, the way he was talking and has spoke about us in the past as well in different interviews. I really like him, a proper football manager. It was some appointment that's for sure.

While having definite reservations over Ally's capability as a team manager, there is a tendency to band about names of people who have not demonstrated that they are likely to be better. Billy Davies has a very mixed record, last year, names like Derek Adams and Alan Johnston were put forward. No one mentions them now. Apart from being a staunch Rangers man, Stuart McCall hasn't done enough yet, to suggest that he would be a definite improvement. I believe that Ally's biggest flaw is not recognising that he could do better than sticking with his two colleagues, I.e. Ian Durrant and Kenny McDowall and that it would benefit him in getting the assistance with someone who has a fresh approach, to work with him.

Possibly, he claims his dad was an school Queens Park supporter but maybe because he didn't want to be judged as a Rangers supporter early in his managerial career. When he was distancing himself from the Celtic job i just got a strange feeling he was one of us, the way he was talking and has spoke about us in the past as well in different interviews. I really like him, a proper football manager. It was some appointment that's for sure.

His dad was a good Baillieston prod for sure. Swinton to be precise. He was after my mum at one point.

While having definite reservations over Ally's capability as a team manager, there is a tendency to band about names of people who have not demonstrated that they are likely to be better. Billy Davies has a very mixed record, last year, names like Derek Adams and Alan Johnston were put forward. No one mentions them now. Apart from being a staunch Rangers man, Stuart McCall hasn't done enough yet, to suggest that he would be a definite improvement. I believe that Ally's biggest flaw is not recognising that he could do better than sticking with his two colleagues, I.e. Ian Durrant and Kenny McDowall and that it would benefit him in getting the assistance with someone who has a fresh approach, to work with him.

Put Ally in any of those shoes and he wouldn't last a month. They have all demonstrated they can at least get the management basics right, Ally hasn't even shown that.