Don't matter because they disagree with you?

The message behind those displays particularly the last one have been as clear as mud plus people will tend to follow a crowd anyway.

Your not suggesting the Rangers support is illiterate as well are you?

Ala the VB thread will this get locked?

No, because this is at least initially well worded and not attacking other fans.

Sure the final two paragraphs are rather poor form but that's up for debate.

MARCH 25, 2014

UNION OF FANS STATEMENT 25TH MARCH 2014

by Union of Fans

<snip>

We would now ask the board to indicate publicly, as a matter of urgency, whether they are prepared to accept Dave King’s offer of massive investment.

<snip>

This will NEVER happen. The best that will happen is that the board (probably via the 120-review) will confirm that they plan to have another share offering. If they come out & state that King is going to snap up the majority of the shares himself, that could then put off other possible investors.

IMHO, this could be just another stick to beat the board with. It puts an expectation into many fans heads, then when the board don't do it, they are in the wrong.

This will NEVER happen. The best that will happen is that the board (probably via the 120-review) will confirm that they plan to have another share offering. If they come out & state that King is going to snap up the majority of the shares himself, that could then put off other possible investors.

IMHO, this could be just another stick to beat the board with. It puts an expectation into many fans heads, then when the board don't do it, they are in the wrong.

I think the last sentence is exactly what King's trying to achieve via this pressure.

It seems a share issue is inevitable so the only questions are:

1. How much will be targeted and will existing investors really be able to raise another £22million?

2. When will it be? December seems possible again but perhaps spring 2015 may be more likely...

3. Who will underwrite it? A bank or is that where King has hit foot firmly against the Ibrox door...

4. Most importantly, can the club really do this without King?

I think the last sentence is exactly what King's trying to achieve via this pressure.

It seems a share issue is inevitable so the only questions are:

1. How much will be targeted and will existing investors really be able to raise another £22million?

1. When will it be? December seems possible again but perhaps spring 2015 may be more likely...

2. Who will underwrite it? A bank or is that where King has hit foot firmly against the Ibrox door...

I think King would look to underwrite it.....

As to WHEN....I think it may even happen as early as the start of the season - depending on what Mr Wallace reports in his review.

Agree that the bit about SOS shouldn't have been there. It's got nothing to do with the statement.

I've no objections to another poll being taken and chase this issue on another platform if that's what's mandated.

I'm wary of people getting an initial mandate from me then assuming I go along with everything they decide.

It's the 21st century. Dead easy to take polls.

I think King would look to underwrite it.....

As to WHEN....I think it may even happen as early as the start of the season - depending on what Mr Wallace reports in his review.

Sorry, I hadn't finished writing my (badly numbered) post before you answered... ;)

I don't think there's any doubt King will underwrite but are we confident other investors are ready to dilute their existing holdings for the benefit of him? Or did he persuade enough of them in London last week to take a long term view....?

As for timing, I'm not sure this will be as early unless the threat of the season ticket money withholding has already had the desired effect. The removal of Irvine and the Letham loan may be a sign of that.