Sorry, I hadn't finished writing my (badly numbered) post before you answered... ;)

I don't think there's any doubt King will underwrite but are we confident other investors are ready to dilute their existing holdings for the benefit of him? Or did he persuade enough of them in London last week to take a long term view....?

As for timing, I'm not sure this will be as early unless the threat of the season ticket money withholding has already had the desired effect. The removal of Irvine and the Letham loan may be a sign of that.

King's investment is just about the only solid-ish guarantee that investors will see a return on their money that I can see. It must have persuaded some of them, at least, that it is a better option to get on board with King than see their investment bumping along at 25p.

King's investment is just about the only solid-ish guarantee that investors will see a return on their money that I can see. It must have persuaded some of them, at least, that it is a better option to get on board with King than see their investment bumping along at 25p.

Sure unless they want to force King into a sale.

After all, if they want to dig in their heels, it seems easy enough for these people to take out more loans to avoid an issue. The club have 'promised' King such loans wouldn't be secured but are we really confident about that. I'm not.

Again, I think an issue is inevitable but the exact terms are not as certain as the likes of King and UoF hope.

Possibly. I wonder if King would be willing to sink x million into current shareholders though, rather than Rangers. He's shown no sign of doing so (nor would I, unless the club was really at death's door) to date.

I dunno, unless they really are Tims behind all this (I shall be vindicated!) it makes more sense to create a calm environment, with up to £30m of free money + potential additional investment on terms, to build a strong business and see a decent, sustainable return. I fail to see what Big Brucie Bonus current investors see by challenging King to put up or feck off - doesn't seem very practical.

But you never know, unfortunately.

Possibly. I wonder if King would be willing to sink x million into current shareholders though, rather than Rangers. He's shown no sign of doing so (nor would I, unless the club was really at death's door) to date.

I dunno, unless they really are Tims behind all this (I shall be vindicated!) it makes more sense to create a calm environment, with up to £30m of free money + potential additional investment on terms, to build a strong business and see a decent, sustainable return. I fail to see what Big Brucie Bonus current investors see by challenging King to put up or feck off - doesn't seem very practical.

But you never know, unfortunately.

Well, if people like Wallace and Somers are really as independent and capable as we're told then that's the argument they should be making. You'd also think the hedge-funds would appreciate the same nuances.

However, there's always a nagging doubt that others may prefer to play King at his own game and force him into buying their holding. We also have to remember that for all their bluster McCollco would only persuade 30% of investors into backing them - although clearly they didn't have a suitcase with £30-50million in it beside Jim's blue chair...

Interestingly the share price has been ticking up since the low at the end of January and currently stands at 32p. Given the very low volumes, it wouldn't take much to bump it up quite a bit higher; especially if investors like THE PLAN.

Well, if people like Wallace and Somers are really as independent and capable as we're told then that's the argument they should be making. You'd also think the hedge-funds would appreciate the same nuances.

I'd rather hold off on commenting on Wallace Frankie, but almost everything we've seen and heard from Somers since he arrived suggests that he most certainly is NOT as independent (and capable) as we were told.

Well the message was meant to be about Dave King, but then we had sack the board chants being started during it

You come across as anti everyone & everything to do with fans having a say in the club.