Wallace Plans Early Budget for McCoist

"Ally McCoist and myself are in constant dialogue in terms of assessing the current squad. He has his views on areas he would like to strengthen for next season and we are working on looking at the alternatives in terms of meeting that need.

What a peculiar thing to say. What on earth does that mean?

Never thought I'd see the day when a Rangers fan demanded our manager have a zero budget. The same fuds will be moaning how shite we are next season after we scrape an away draw. All the pissing and complaining we did when we got the transfer ban too.....

Never thought I'd see the day when a Rangers fan demanded our manager have a zero budget. The same fuds will be moaning how shite we are next season after we scrape an away draw. All the pissing and complaining we did when we got the transfer ban too.....

It's trying to approach things sensibly, the attitude that we need to spend because we're Rangers will have us back in all sorts of trouble

What a peculiar thing to say. What on earth does that mean?

It means Ally has his views on how to strengthen the Squad, and Wallace is looking for an alternative way.

That's my reading, Ally wants to spend, Wallace wants to use other means [Youngsters?]

It's trying to approach things sensibly, the attitude that we need to spend because we're Rangers will have us back in all sorts of trouble

We don't need to spend because we're Rangers. We need to spend because we're pretty shite. Think about what you're saying. A club with 36k book holders too skint to buy a single player? I dread to think of Jig playing centre half next season, a year older and against better strikers.

We are about a dozen full international players away from where we need to be and the sooner we get them the better

We are about one single competent board away from where we need to be and the sooner we get it the better.

Until we do, however, any money spent on the team can only be a patch up job and is likely to be money badly spent. We have enough to win the Championship comfortably as it is, so there's no need to spend any more now.