The RFFF monies should not be used to defend SoS & most bears I know agree. However, if there was to be a general vote to decide, so be it. For various groups/forums to then use the issue to divide us even further really is completely counter-productive. What an utter mess.

It was only an agreement to take it to a fans vote.

You can't just demand the opposition resign every time a vote goes against you.

There has to be an element of trust when you are looking after cash. The fact that they are suggesting expenditure on something that arguably has nothing to do with the club erodes that trust.

It's nothing to do with the fact a vote has gone against them but rather the nature of what they were voting on. If it had been on whether the cash should be spent on refurbishing the ground for example, there would be no call for resignations.

The RFFF monies should not be used to defend SoS & most bears I know agree. However, if there was to be a general vote to decide, so be it. For various groups/forums to then use the issue to divide us even further really is completely counter-productive. What an utter mess.

I would have to say that rather than divide the support, this action by the RFFF committee members has united the vast majority of the support. As far as I know, Houston himself had said he doesn't want the RFFF money used in this fashion. For my money the group out of order here is the RFFF committee. They should have asked the support for their opinion before deciding that they would support such an action.

I was actually a bit flabberghasted that the RFFF actually did something. There has hardly been a whisper from them for months ... when there sure have been issues where you would have thought they would step in.

On a sidenote ... and without wanting to stir another debate, the NARSA statement echoes the sentiments of the VanguardBears'.

There has to be an element of trust when you are looking after cash. The fact that they are suggesting expenditure on something that arguably has nothing to do with the club erodes that trust.

It's nothing to do with the fact a vote has gone against them but rather the nature of what they were voting on. If it had been on whether the cash should be spent on refurbishing the ground for example, there would be no call for resignations.

It's everything to do with who voted.

I would have to say that rather than divide the support, this action by the RFFF committee members has united the vast majority of the support. As far as I know, Houston himself had said he doesn't want the RFFF money used in this fashion. For my money the group out of order here is the RFFF committee. They should have asked the support for their opinion before deciding that they would support such an action.

They were going to ask the support's opinion which, as far as I can see, was probably the best course of action.

For example, while the SoS legal stuff was never in my mind a suitable recipient of funds, what happens if another opportunity arises to use the money? Again, the best course of action would be to poll the RFFF contributors.

All this issue tells me is that RFFF have been too poor with communication, too slow to use the money and too unsure of their own direction.

For other fan groups to then go public with their own concerns instead of dealing with them privately says a lot about the statement culture of the various groups in our support. It's totally counter-productive to any sort of unity going forward.