They were going to ask the support's opinion which, as far as I can see, was probably the best course of action.

For example, while the SoS legal stuff was never in my mind a suitable recipient of funds, what happens if another opportunity arises to use the money? Again, the best course of action would be to poll the RFFF contributors.

All this issue tells me is that RFFF have been too poor with communication, too slow to use the money and too unsure of their own direction.

For other fan groups to then go public with their own concerns instead of dealing with them privately says a lot about the statement culture of the various groups in our support. It's totally counter-productive to any sort of unity going forward.

I agree that the RFFF have been almost transpaerent. On the second part I would think if the RFFF had contacted any large-bloc group privately then they would have had a private reply. They can't have it both ways.

It's everything to do with who voted.

Given I don't have a clue who voted for what (and I'm guessing many others are in the same boat), that's a baseless accusation to make, and one you'd struggle to prove about NARSA either.

Sometimes it's nothing to do with loyalties or allegiances but just what's right and what's wrong.

Given I don't have a clue who voted for what (and I'm guessing many others are in the same boat), that's a baseless accusation to make, and one you'd struggle to prove about NARSA either.

Sometimes it's nothing to do with loyalties or allegiances but just what's right and what's wrong.

And sometimes it's just opportunism.

It's not often I swear but what a clusterfuck this is.

The benefit of this is that, after every group has made a statement, we can draw up a database of all the factions and fan groups so that we finally know how many we have.

I think NARSA were entitled to show their disapproval which highlights the lack of canvasing fan groups by the RFFF which could have avoided this. However, their demands are way over the top. The weirdest bit is asking for their money back - but what about all the money already spent? Maybe if they asked for a proportion of it back, but this bit made them sound petty and almost childish in my opinion.

Some of these groups need to think a bit more before they put these statements out as the last couple have quite frankly been embarrassing as a Rangers fan.

You'll have to explain to me in what respect NARSA are being opportunistic. You can explain to me why I'm being opportunistic in my views as well.

I'm basing it on the appearance of it being a concerted campaign in tandem with vb and no doubt others will join.

I'm not at all accusing you of being part of it.

But let's be fair is it really that bad to put a proposal of a vote of contributors out.

This would be an issue if the board had decided to spend the cash of course it would.

NARSA and vb suggest the majority of fans are against this but want to deny us a vote to really find out.

I know I would have voted yes.

I'm basing it on the appearance of it being a concerted campaign in tandem with vb and no doubt others will join.

I'd say that NARSA and VB are polar opposites of the support and to suggest that there's a concerted campaign seems extremely far-fetched.

But let's be fair is it really that bad to put a proposal of a vote of contributors out.

Absolutely. It is far removed from the original reasons for the contributions. The fact that the it was even felt to be considered throws the committee's judgment into question.

Although we all have feelings about it, the case is effectively a civil one that doesn't involve the club. I would have been happy to contribute to it personally but it has NOTHING to do with RFFF and as such the cash cannot be used for it.